Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Sadly I think many will turn a blind eye to something like this (and I imagine there will be a lot of things we won't hear about at first, like DADT being reinstated), because it doesn't affect them personally. The same reason they didn't care about the abortion orders. It also won't have the visceral images of the airport seizures, although I wonder how many beyond those who were already alert and active cared about those either. 

When it does happen, we'll see if we get the puff pieces from the press that we got with W about how he doesn't actually hate gay people, it's just the name of the game, and his hand was pushed. Given that he hasn't exactly been courting the media this last week, maybe not.

• Members

People are going to march and protest just like they marched for women and protested for immigrants. That's going to continue and it's going to continue to be big. And almost no one is running puff pieces about Trump right now.

• Members

I don't mean the people who care (and a lot of people do, to their credit). I mean people that people these nuts are more cowtowed by. Those people will watch the world burn and unless any of them have any issues, nothing will change. Much of Congress is run by bigots or appeasers, so they won't flinch at some of the pushback like they have a bit with the airport stuff. Of course flinching is all they've done here, even as they have essentially allowed unstable countries like Iraq to renew their hatred and anger toward us. Something like this they will likely actively support. 

At least we can again see those "libertarian" and "moderate" Republicans again sitting on their hands because if they go along to get along, it will all be worth it in the end. Someday the party will be more tolerant and everyone will be happy...even though they insisted Trump would be the one to do that...but it won't be his fault. It will be trans people, who didn't know their place. Or radical queer people at marches. Or someone who cut Kellyanne Conway off at a stop sign. Take your pick. 

Putin regularly peddles anti-gay propaganda to manipulate and distract the populace. America isn't Russia (although I'm sure many in Russia would say they're very glad of that), but I do wonder if it will start here.