Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I don't watch cable news but I saw some talking about how they were laughing it up on MSNBC. It's sickening to me that these people are still treating this as a game. They will continue to do so until he comes for them. They hate America and they hate us. 

• Members

I don't think the person on PBS thought it was funny though. They all look a little sick to their stomachs over there. It's just that they actually talk about policy unlike CNN. And yes, Trump has flat out said he is coming for the press, which is one of the reasons I consider him a demagogue.

• Members

I still have some respect for PBS (I have none for NPR or for cable or network news - well, CBS is OK, I guess), so I'm glad they haven't let me down. But so much of the media is just full of deluded, dangerous sycophants. They created Trump and he will make them pay. 

• Members

I read a statistic that said 66% of White women voted for Trump?!

Nobody better blame minorities for this mess. Even with voter suppression, many of us waited on extra long lines, sued to get our registrations restored and voted even in the face of intimidation.

If HRC loses, we know where the blame can go.

Chinese state media is saying this is what happens when you have a democracy, which is why they don't believe in it.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Yes, and however this turns out, all of my respect for that. 

Can it really be true that many white women voted for Trump? I also don't complete understand how the white working class had enough people to pull this off.  I guess once it's all over we'll get a better breakdown as to how this happened, but I feel like there were hidden Trump voters among the educated.

• Members

POC had the ugliest hurdles of this election season - of so many election seasons - and yet always turned out. It's likely that some will blame them, but those people are idiots. I still remember the people who tried to blame gays for Kerry losing in 2004. To some Democrats, it's always about finding someone to blame. Those people can kiss my ass. The truth is that time and time again hate and fear is underestimated, and voter suppression efforts help cement the people who flock to the polls every 2 years lashing out in terror. Trump was an unknown. Trump was an outsider. Trump said things you aren't supposed to say. I think that many Democrats on high assumed that the average voter would be repulsed. And many were. But many are enthralled by this. Many others just got numb. I saw an ad last week, an anti-Trump ad, that was just clip after clip of him saying awful things. It was so much, so fast, that I quickly zoned out. If I, who am terrified and horrified by him, had that reaction, I can't imagine what others who weren't as committed would do. 

People underestimated Trump from day 1. Those who knew better turned out in record numbers. Those who didn't have damned us all.