The Politics Thread

• Members

The Sweden Democrats are not "far-right". They are a social conservative party. A controlled opposition, just like UKIP is in the UK and like PVV is in the Netherlands. Their politics will lead to the same end result as the establishments, which is a Europe without europeans in it, the only difference is that it will take a little longer, which can actually be more dangerous because then people might not wake up in time and stop this madness.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

We've probably found our new Phil Robertson. Fox News is sure to be calling.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2014/05/29/gay_couple_kicked_out_of_restaurant_for_being_gay.html

Meanwhile, Joni Ernst, the latest media darling as she is the closest thing around to a Sarah Palin/Michelle Bachmann successor, calls the Santa Barbara shootings an "accident."

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/politics/elections/2014/05/29/ernst-debate-remark/9752323/

Ralph Hall, longtime Texas Congressman, lost his primary. He was the last WWII veteran serving in Congress.

http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.com/2014/05/u-s-rep-ralph-hall-91-battles-john-ratcliffe-for-final-term.html/

• Members

That campaign ad would have been in poor taste whenever it was published! Is it any wonder that shootings like this latest one happens over and over again when this kind of stuff is put out there?

Not everything is bad in the U.S, and everything is certainly not perfect here in Sweden, but in many ways I'm glad that I live here and not there.

• Members

Joni "unfortunate accident" Ernst wins the Iowa GOP Senate primary. Watch that liberal media spin and spin for her, even absurdly trying to claim that her win is a loss for the Tea Party, even though she is insanely extreme on every single thing, right down the line.

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/06/joni-ernst-iowa-senate-2014-elections-bruce-braley-107403.html?hp=f1

• Members

Depends on the site I think. MSNBC has mostly said she's gotten endorsements from both wings of the Republican Party but that she has veered to the right a lot...especially In the last debate. I do worry she's going to be a formidable challenge to Bruce Braley in Iowa. What with her military background and being a woman. Not even Karl Rove could have designed a more perfect candidate to go up against Braley in this swing state. Plus she'd be the first female senator from Iowa I believe.

I feel bad for Thad Cochran but at the same time he didn't really seem like his head was in the game. I do think he'll lose a runofff which would be quite a end to such a career.

• Members

Well having a candidate who doesn't oppose the farm bill might be a good start...

With that said, the media will go wild for her, as they've been looking for a new Sarah Palin for a long time, and I'm sure they and the money men will push hard for a narrative over that "real American" putting that fancy pants farm hating librul on the ropes and she's gonna castrate him and lol!

As for Cochran, frankly, I was surprised it even went to runoff. McDaniel is tailor-made for today's GOP. I do think McDaniel will win the runoff, and for all the hope of some Democrats that Travis Childers has a shot, McDaniel will easily win in November. And then we will hear the press gushing and wanking over whether he will be Marco Rubio's VP and how they could be the dream team.

• Members

If anyone here doesn't mind a liberal bent you may enjoy this website, which covers various national races. They're much less partisan than the main Kos website, which I stopped reading years ago as it gave into hysteria and turn-blue-until-I-get-what-I-want antics. They've spoken some about the GA governor race and many other races. Essentially they've said it's somewhat close at the moment, although given that it's a midterm year, Nathan Deal would likely be favored.

http://www.dailykos.com/blog/elections

• Members

Where I live in GA, they barely cover anything consisting Jason Carter. Most news stations either cover the senatorial/HOR races. It's like they know that Nathan Deal is gonna win, which sadly he is, so why bother covering the competition. But I want Nathan Deal's dumb ass out of office after he handled the snow storm the way he did.

• Members

I'm surprised given how relatively well Michelle Nunn is doing in the Senate race that he's struggling. I think there's a chance if she does well maybe enough of her voters will go along and vote for him as well? I know it can be tricky though in those states where people like to be independent and go one race at a time.