Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The Fed should've put Bundy and his thugs down when they went after him but instead they decided to take the so-called high road. Those terrorists should be in jail or the ground but instead they've been emboldened. Sooner or later they're going to hurt or kill someone and that person's blood will be on the hands of the Federal agents who caved.

• Members

The Fix, which is the ultimate in Beltway elitism (more bad news for Democrats!), has this very endearing (not really) habit of trying to pretend that "T-Paw," whom they spent about 3-4 years trying to make into a GOP star, is in any way relevant. And even after he left politics known mostly as milquetoast and gutless, they are still trying.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2014/05/01/tim-pawlenty-knows-republicans-have-a-brand-problem-heres-what-he-would-do-about-it/

I guess they are pining for their idols, since the best they can say about their other one, media darling Marco, was an article last month talking about how his chances in the Presidential 2016 race are improving because...all the other Republicans have bad positions too.

• Members

With NC being my original state if I had to pick one vulnerable Dem and only one Dem that woulds survive this November it would be Kay Hagan....voted for her in 2008 and I have a feeling that she's a fighter and will ultimately prevail. However it will be a hard battle despite this guys extreme views and his legislative agenda...

• Members

I don't know if that's sarcasm or a genuine question but there are several independent and even a very small group of Democratic leaning pollsters who are showing Dems behind in several key races. I think Dems have giving up any chance of winning the West Virginia and South Dakota Senate races. Montana is looking increasingly tough for the Walsh who was appointed by the Dem governor to take over for Baucus. Lastly, Colorado is also going to be a very tough fight for Mark Udall.

That being said there are good signs in the South and so I do think Pryor and Kagan might eke out a victory. I'm convinced Allison Lundergan-Grimes will also pull a shocking upset of Mitch McConnell and I'm starting to get hopeful about Michelle Nunn's chances in Georgia to be honest.

DRW50 what do you think of all this Jeb Bush chatter on Politico's homepage? I don't know if this is them trying to generate buzz and further entice him or his donors in getting behind a run for the Presidency. But I'm completely fascinated by the family dynamics at play. The one article on who's for and who's against was definitely interesting. Personally I think he would pose a huge challenge to Hillary Clinton but at the same time I do wonder if the Bush fatigue and the Bush name itself would be a big weight on him.

• Members

I think the media is gaga over the idea of a big contest between two "dynasties." I'm not sure I can see Jeb pulling the trigger, but I guess it depends on the 2016 lineup. I'm starting to wonder if Hillary will either.

• Members

Larry Sabato talks about whether there will be a wave.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/05/2014-midterm-gop-wave-106598.html?hp=pm_1#.U3KFzoFdXOs

Meanwhile, Tom Cotton, the goofy-looking guy who has been hyped to no end by the press and the GOP as a future star, released an internal poll showing him tied with Mark Pryor. You don't do that unless you're desperate, so I don't get this move. He could still easily win, given the year, but this is a black eye, IMO.

• Members

I was very worried for Pryor (esp after the media and especially Morning Joe tried to make him seem elitist for calling out Tom Cotton on his whole military service giving him a sense of entitlement to the Senate gaffe). However I think Pryor is doing everything he can possibly do to show voters out there that he's not some random stranger from Washington DC who just happens to be their Senator. He actually knows them and is working hard to earn their votes again which makes all the difference in the world.

• Members

Republicans turn a blind eye to this kind of behavior when it's directed toward their opponents (see: James O'Keefe) so I don't know why they are surprised when it happens to them. This is what happens when you let a rabid dog off the leash. You can't control who gets bit.