OLTL: Andrea Evans OFFICIALLY OUT

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think the incest angle might be fairly interesting. By the time anything came into play, Lily will be falling for Billy if not head over heals. She couldn't take Daniel looking at a woman's titties, I don't think she'd be able to handle Billy having slept with his niece. Billy has been rather cocky and completely without vulnerability since his return. This would bring back all the emotions connected to his failed relationship with his cousin Mackenzie. Amber would be absolutely horrified and probably swear off her random sleeping around forever. The drama possibilities are endless and the Bell family likes nothing more than a little bit of INNOCENT Incest. MAB could even invite her Brother in Law Brad Bell to help write for his favorite muse Adrienne.

• Members

I was one of those people who said adamantly that once Andrea was convinced to return as Tina, they'd find a way to mis-use her. Lo and behold, that's exactly what they did! I loved Karen Witter's Tina and the other actress too! I believe her name was Krista Tesreau. They were both much less air-headed than Andrea's Tina.

• Members

There's no reason to ever bring back CJ. Just like there was no reason to bring back Sarah.

Tina was replaced years ago by Blair. They're both irrelevant, retro whores with a heart of gold. Every man wants them. Every woman wants to be them. (or so we're told ad nauseum) Neither is particularly bright and they share the same men: Max, Todd and Cord.

Sarah has sucked as a character because she's Starr while Jack is CJ.

• Members

I suspect that this was one of the reasons why Tina and Blair loathed each other. They were too much alike and they shagged the same men. By the way, this was another mis-use of Tina; not having her in one single scene with Blair. There should have been at least one bitchfest between them and like Dorian, did Blair even know that Tina was back?

• Members

I love you and Marceline, you are two of my favorites. But god I disagree with nearly everything you two say! :)

Karen Witter was a HORRIBLE actress. I remember when she used to try to cry- She is like Melissa Archer. She could NOT form tears in any scene that called for it. I was 14-15 years old, and even then I knew she sucked. But she did have some kind of charisma that Tina required...

And then Krista Tesreau came along and I realized- THIS TINA IS EVEN WORSE. Tina became completely BORING!!! She was horrible.

Andrea Evans all the way. But at this point, with OLTL once again circling the drain, I hope she ends up back on Y&R. Y&R is the only soap worth watching right now.

And one thing I am sure about- based on Andrea's interviews- this entire "joint decision" thing is BULLS-IT!! This is Frons all the way and Nelson's source was right on.

Per interview with Andrea- SHE SAW HER FAMILY MORE DURING THIS TENURE ON OLTL than on ANY OF HER SOAP ROLES (due to ABC going out of their way two fly her in for 2-3 day stints to tape her scenes).

And I also want her on Y&R to listen to everyone complain here! It will be fun!!! :)

• Members

I don't think Krista was bad. She was certainly different. She wasn't as ditzy, she came across, to me at least, as a more grounded woman who just couldn't stop making stupid decisions motivated by money and sex. A more grown up Tina, but still with her faults. I always felt like she knew better but just couldn't help herself. Krista's Tina felt like those slightly older attractive ladies you see at the end of the bar having a strong drink and smoking a cigarette. Maybe it was the husk in her voice. She didn't go around in a tizzy all the time like Andrea. I think Karen was a nice compromise of the two. She was good at the maturing Tina as well as Tina the ditz, and her acting was more shaded than Andrea's poster paint style. But Andrea is the iconic Tina, and I can be a snob about acting ability, but even so I'll admit that some actors just have "it" and their apparent acting weaknesses are sometimes inexplicably endearing. Kind of like how we used to catch the late great Ruth Warrick's eyes darting to the cue cards. It was one of those little organic touches that made Phoebe's OTT snootiness even more entertaining. Tina should be light and airy like Andrea, her wind complements Viki's earth and Dorian's fire. When you start making Tina too grounded and real, you're hurting the character and the fabric of the show. If anything, this last stint of Andrea's has shown that Tina has "dematured". She hadn't been quite this zany since Andrea left the last time. So that says to me that tptb weren't really interested in investing in any sort of long-term potential of Andrea's return. They just wanted a splashy ratings grabbing event. Her return just feels like a really long sitcom episode where she special guest starred as a wacky soap opera actress.

This post is so long, but I just think it's interesting how Andrea is the iconic Tina yet she's inherited all of these other s/ls from other Tinas. Cain=Karen Witter, David Vickers=Krista Tesreau...

• Members

This post is so long, but I just think it's interesting how Andrea is the iconic Tina yet she's inherited all of these other s/ls from other Tinas. Cain=Karen Witter, David Vickers=Krista Tesreau...

Very well put. I was actually pleasantly surprised by AE's chemistry with Cain Rogan (Christopher Cousins).

And yes, for what Andrea lacks in acting range, she makes up for with charisma.

You cracked me up about Ruth Warrick. I have not been a very big AMC fan, but I DO remember her looking at cue cards ANY time I watched. And yet, Phoebe was awesome- it didn't even matter.

Tesreau bored me to no end- not just how the character was written. I had read such good things about her role on Guiding Light and I was surprised by her lack of imagination or complexity. Very bland and vanilla to me. Like Melissa Archer. Sorry- I find Melissa Archer to be absolutely horrible. Her popularity surprises me to this day. Weak, weak, one note actress. And Bree is no better.

Archived