OLTL: Andrea Evans OFFICIALLY OUT

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wish they would bring her to Y&R as both Patty Williams and Amber's mother. If Jack had known she was preggers with his baby when she left, he would have gone to the police with the sudden memory that she had shot him and taken her baby away. Instead she chose to go on the run and live in a trailer park.

• Members

Really too bad, but I was prepared for this ever since Nelson announced it. And I've enjoyed Tina and Andrea's stay this time around, in fact I find ourselves lucky that we got her for half a year in such a substantial role. Hope to see her back someday in the future.

• Members

Andrea is one of those people whose era in soaps has passed her by. PASSIONS was the kind of show where her 1980s acting works. She never adapted. She never changed. When she was at B&B it worked because Tawny Moore was super trashy, she was a hoot, B&B is a campy show, it works. OLTL is just...not. No surprise it didn't work. Plus, she was being paid really well and we know how Frons feels about over 50s getting paid well....

• Members

Andrea Evans had no need to change. She was light years more watchable than many of daytime's supposedly finest actors. If a soap can't write for her it is the soap that is lacking, not her. She may be too fabulous for modern day soaps, but then again modern day soaps have abandoned all sense of fun, whimsy, and anything trying to be larger than life. OLTL was supposed to change to accommodate her, not the other way around. Considering their current audience is something like six people, maybe they should have used Andrea as the engine to retool the show into something people actually want to see. I stopped watching OLTL a long time ago, and it was only Tina that got me to try it again. No Tina, No Asa...no me.

• Members

I dont want it to happen. Its a good idea, hell its a fab idea. But AE acting is just so... awful. She is very much stuck in the high camp of the 80's. Its all sehs done since. on B&B it was high camp, on Passions it was high camp, and on OLTL it was wayyyy over the top high chessy camp. Sure the writing had a little to do with it, but i just dont think she could pull off anything watchable even.

I eman, people talk about Judith Chapmen being over the top, AE would make her look like the most subtle actress ever.

• Members

I loved Tina. I'm going to miss her and only wish that she had more airtime with Todd and Viki. It does seem like 6 months is the new contract length given to the returning veterans. Is it for budgetary reasons or is ABC covering themselves if the returns aren't successful with fans or if the storylines are a flop?

Archived