OLTL: Andrea Evans OFFICIALLY OUT

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't want to see AE on another show. I want to see her on OLTL, done right. They botched this and I'm very disappointed. ES's vacation and TW's absence didn't help things, she was thrown in as a supporting player into a s/l with her nieces. That would have been fine if she was staying longer. Weeks of work that added up to little more than a kooky special guest star appearance. Has she seen Dorian even once since she's come back? They always had a contentious relationship.

For so long we've wanted to see AE back, but I almost feel like I want Karen or Krista back for a few months just to get some meat out of Tina's return. But really, if she isn't going to be mixing it up with David, Viki, Todd, Dorian, Cain, or C.J., Sarah, and Cord, what's the real purpose? The show is missing some key characters to make Tina's return even viable.

• Members

I somewhat agree.

As I stated above, I've enjoyed her run, but the one thing that dissappointed me was that she wasn't able to interact with David or Dorian at all. We've seen her with Sarah, Cain, Viki, and even Todd to an extent somewhat and she's had a few scenes with Cord(when he returned), but its dissappointing to not see her interacting with Dorian or David.

Overall I just wish they had found a better way to bring her back in rather than Mendorra.

• Members

I am a huge AE fan and OLTL botched her return from the get go.

She was completely an island to herself (and David Vickers).

Her entire storyline sucked and I knew something was up when she and Erika only had what- 3 shows where they were in scenes together??

AE is the ONLY Tina. Always.

It cracks me up how divided we are on AE (and her acting).

I loved OLTL in the 80's. And she is a fun as she always was.

I think there is a place for her style of acting on any show regardless of camp. She has charisma.

I would take her any day over Archer/Williamson/Fumero/ et al.

I DON'T want her on Days. Yuck. Y&R would be AMAZING.

• Members

ITA... the problem isn't Andrea, it's the awful way the show wrote for her. Roxy plays it fun and over the top as well and no one seems to mind that; but they use Roxy judiciously and usually give her great material. With Andrea/Tina, they just effed up from start to finish this time. As much as I'd love her to stay, I'd rather see her leave than stay on in any of the horrible storylines they stuck her in.

• Members

Such a shame! I love Andrea Evans as Tina Lord and wish she could stay longterm, but I was afraid of this since she's lived on the West Coast for over 20 years. I bet Tina leaves Llanview with David Vickers (the dog) and Sarah (with no Sarah re-cast). The writing sucked for Tina for the most part, with OLTL really dumbing down Tina. Tina was always smart, that's how she got away with so many schemes. If Andrea can never return I do wish that ONE LIFE would bring back Karen Witter to play Tina full-time.

• Members

Tawny/Patty can be the same person. But Amber has to be the child of someone not on the Y&R canvas. A random hookup. She can't be Jack's for the reason you mention. Unless....

... some of you recall that Jill slept with Victor _just_ around the time she got pregnant with Billy.

• Members

Months ago when I posted in a thread about AE's return and the Mendorra storyline. I had the temerity to suggest that using a long dead storyline to resurrect a long "dead" character was a bad idea. The Disciples of Ron came after me with pitchforks and torches.

• Members

I think a lot of people would agree the return story was botched, and Mendorra was hardly a popular story.

I think that Andrea Evans is the most highly watchable Tina that there ever was. There are those who play camp for camp's sake, and there are those who play camp fearlessly. I liked her interactions with Tess and Todd, because they didn't take her seriously, and in most cases it made her campier, but then, in the moments I really enjoyed, Tina took it to another place, a craftier place where it looked like she could out-scam Tess, Todd, Cain, and whoever else tried to underestimate her. I DID see layers and levels in her performance, and I consider it a lot of depth for the role in the moments when she shows that confidence of "if you only knew who you were dealing with". I like the notion that Tina herself is playing it for camp, not Andrea Evans. It makes her a much craftier con.

I wouldn't want Cord back. You can only take that self-righteousness so much. Seeing Tina be bad and wiggle out of it is fun, but seeing her be bad and then cry about how sorry she is and hopes to be a better person is boring. We had just enough of it in the two-episode Tina/Cord reunion when Cord summed up why they could never be together because she's always searching for the next prize, while Cord's prize was their family all along. That's all we REALLY needed to see from Tina/Cord, IMO, and we did.

I think where they REALLY botched it and lost the depth is in Tina's relationships with Sarah, Todd, and Viki. Sarah in general was botched because they introduced her as a key player when Todd was missing, and then they NEVER played her with Todd or Blair or any of those characters ever again, and stuck Sarah in a go-nowhere relationship with Cristian. The one thing that was consistent about Flash/Sarah throughout the years was that Tina screwed up their family off-screen, and Sarah considered her mother "trash", and would never forgive her. And after YEARS of hearing that and anticipating that moment when they see each other again after years apart? NOTHING. They hug and Sarah instantly forgives her. THAT was where Tina's real arc could have been. It was completely glossed over and they had to do no real WORK to get back to a good place in that mother-daughter relationship, and Tina needs to do more work, not stand around the Llanfair kitchen talking to a dog about jewels.

Tina's history being the REASON Carlo sent Sarah to her presumed death in a raft over the falls should have been MORE of a reason for Sarah to hate Tina. Hasn't seen her mother in years, and within a month of helping her out, Sarah is targeted and nearly killed?! Yet again... Carlo is played the bad guy, Tina is off the hook, and the audience is cheated out of anything substantial that's worth watching. Where's the relatability? Any other young girl who never had a relationship with her mother and then was treated to THIS would be pissed! Kills any and all connection to the Sarah character as well. Tina's such an emotional roller coaster of a character, and she flitted around Llanview for months more upset over her puppy than any of the real screw-ups in her life!

Taking the air out of the Tina/Sarah rift, making no real attempt to reignite the Tina/Todd relationship, and playing Tina while Viki was off-canvas just left Tina, as another poster said, playing by herself in a bubble. She didn't try to get a job, she didn't leave Llanfair, she didn't try to fence these valuable jewels she had in the safe and be wealthy... she just bubbled around and chatted with Roxy and blurted out the wrong thing every now and then until Tess stifled her again. She was not brought back in any kind of real story, she was just thrown on the set and expected to draw audiences because she'd been away for so long. YOU HAVE TO HAVE A STORY.

I still have hope for Andrea Evans and Tina, and I don't fault Evans at all for the comeback not working. The story just wasn't there. And there's still the unanswered question of the whereabouts of CJ Roberts too, so they can always play Tina in that story!

Archived