OLTL's Carlivati to be demoted or fired?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The funny thing about Gigi is Farah is a better actress than she was on Days. And even Erika Slezak praised her, which is rare to get props from one of daytime's queens.

As far as the Sami/EJ rapist story, I don't defend Todd/Marty... he's going into controversial territory there, but he sure has fans talking.

• Members

I think it's naive and short-sighted for any ABC daytime executive to believe that their soaps are going to gain significant viewers in this day and age--at least not by trying to stay true to the more conservative nature of daytime soaps. They either need to go more primetime with their subject matter (but not over the edge considering the time of day and the wide swatch who watch) or just realize that no matter what they do, these are where ratings are going to be until they either cancel them or they let the cycle come back around.

I'm not denying good and bad writing, casting, and advertising doesn't effect viewership but at this point in time it'll take inventive (not fantastical or over-the-top) storylines and relatable characters within those storylines for even a slight bump.

• Members

If he is fired, I hope AMC sweeps him up. He has a great long term vision for the show and made many good decisions. I think his only downfall has been the writers strike messing up his stories, and the sleu of returns that have served little to no purpose.

• Members

I feel he lost his momentum with the anniversary. He spent too much time trying to redo previous stories that he neglected the ones he currently had on the burners. That, and he went way too return happy. Cain, Dallas, Carlo, Marty, Tina, Delphina, Colin, Jen, Addie, Jack ... alot of these didnt work out. Anyone associated with the Mendora story IMO was a flop return - including Tina. Jen's return was an absolute waste. Marty's return is only being saved for me by Haskell's performance, a lesser actress would not be able to make this watchable. The only bright spots for me have been Dallas, Addie and Delphina for the comedy they inject, and cause they dont hog airtime.

I do think he's started to pull things around, though. So I'd be upset if they dont give him the chance to fix things before tossing him out of the top spot.

Archived