OLTL's Carlivati to be demoted or fired?

• Members

Ravenbeauty is generally reliable and gives out tidbits months in advance on AMC and OLTL.

From her latest- It looks like Ron Carlivati will be demoted (if not fired) as ABC had high hopes, but the show is not working.

Now that Andrea is outta there, so am I.

Like I said over at Raven's column- My guess is he will be canned by December so the new writer's stories will air by February sweeps.

So who will the latest recycled hack be??

Ughhhhhhhh.

She also mentioned that the ABC shows are hell behind the scenes right now... She made AMC sound even more hopeless than OLTL. I do not even watch AMC but I think Chuck Pratt deserves a little more time for crying out loud.

http://www.voy.com/191220/

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think you have a great point.

Or ANOTHER ABC talk show.....

The View has shown excellent growth that OLTL, AMC, and GH could not even dream of.

I think that whole OLTL rumor about AMC and OLTL sharing a studio is next.

and then followed by the shows becoming 30 minutes and having cast cuts...

I, for the first time ever, have no more interest in my shows. OLTL is a mess and Y&R is just not doing it for me. The Marge/Kay storyline sounds EXTREMELY promising though and I will most definitely check back in then.

I bet you that the much loved Carlivati will remain with OLTL in a smaller role.

It makes me sad that he seemed so promising, won an emmy, and then everything just disintegrated.

Occasionally GH is left on after OLTL at my house and it boggles my mind how anyone can sit through it! As bad as OLTL is, I find GH to be the worst of the ABC shows. Excellent cast though.

• Members

When was the last time any of you saw an ABC HW just "demoted?" Dena Higley was only demoted to prep for RC, and that's the only time I can remember. And if we had any other source on this I might attempt to believe it. As it is, all I can do is laugh.

• Members

Please lock the thread as it is incredibly laughable from what i read.

I take it that Ravenbeauty is not well liked here?

It would be nice if you at least explained your condescending sarcasm-

Vee- I am so glad I could at least provide with you some laughs this evening.

You are obviously so above it all.

• Members

They need to give Carlivati a chance to build some long term stories...maybe pair him with a more experienced co-headwriter, but I'm just sick of the same hacks being transferred from show to show to show. Unless they're going to bring someone on board who is going to really turn things around and make the show great, then there's no point in them getting rid of Carlivati, who has done GREAT things for the show throughout his stint.

I think OLTL has the potential to be ABC's answer to Y&R, but they need to allow more vets to be featured and have more multigenerational stories that are not islanded.

• Members

I think what hurt Ron was that he got spoiled with the praise that he was getting from the soap media and the internet that I think he feels that he can write anything and the fans will love it.

I guess the Ron Carlivati lovefest is over now?

I feel that Ron was put in a lose-to-lose situation to failed; he had fix what Higley did to the show, he have Brian Frons to worry about, and had to find a way to get ratings up and still pleased the soap press, and for a head writer, that's a bit too much.

I also believe that Ron was writing way too smart for the internet fans instead of the casual viewers who look at soaps as a bad trainwreck.

I don't know where or what Carlivati should be doing if he's fired but I think he shouldn't be a HW; He's probably better off being part of a writing team than being a leader of one.

• Members

There's no reason to lock this thread just because one or two posters are being snarky. Every "scoopster" has their fans and their haters. For example there's never been a Nelson thread where I haven't referred to him as a meth-addicted sycophant. Don't take it personally.

Archived