OLTL's Carlivati to be demoted or fired?

• Members

No, I'm pretty sure one or both were fired. Broderick left sooner or later.

Yeah, not really. It's easy for me to say that I have ANY blind item over the course of 5-10 years about ANY returning star, especially when viewers are all curious and babbling that someone might return. I can stick my finger in the air, feel the direction of the wind, and guess. Eventually, if I keep guessing long enough, I might be right. Such was the case with Marty, and continues to be the case for many actors she claims "might come back." That is the trademark of Ravenbeauty.

If Ravenbeauty says RC's job is in danger I can only conclude that it is safer than ever, but that he might be replaced in 5-10 years.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am going to let the Raven rumor go-

But even so-

WHAT HACK would they get to write the show??

Who is left in the standard roster of the 15 or so headwriters that jump from soap to soap?

Its scary to me and I think it will the final nail in OLTL's coffin.

And I think Carlivati's work has imploded. Maybe he needs an excellent co head writer?

• Members

I am going to let the Raven rumor go-

But even so-

WHAT HACK would they get to write the show??

Who is left in the standard roster of the 15 or so headwriters that jump from soap to soap?

Its scary to me and I think it will the final nail in OLTL's coffin.

And I think Carlivati's work has imploded. Maybe he needs an excellent co head writer?

• Members

I don't see a need for replacement or demotion. I'd have to see the show get a lot worse. Right now it's still got stories people are enjoying (and no, neither you nor I are the sole arbiters of that). This is nowhere near the [!@#$%^&*] quality of our last HW, who reigned for almost three years. RC's full tenure as HW has been less than a year. And no, I am not counting when he became Higley's co-HW.

• Members

Both AMC and OLTL have been thrashing around like crazy with actors coming and going and stunt returns falling flat so it wouldn't be remotely surprising that the same desperation is taking its toll backstage. It's even less surprising that Frons would throw Carlivati under the bus. Pratt's the golden child now but that won't last long. I only hope this rumor means the screws are tightening on Frons because ultimately that's the only change that will make any difference.

• Members

As fans, I really believe we need to stand by our shows and mobilize all lapsed viewers we know and encourage them to tune in again. Both AMC and OLTL are in trouble and I know that in the back of our minds we tell ourselves, "These shows have been around forever, they will never be canceled." But we all need a reality check because both these shows are not pulling in the numbers that they used to and are therefore not as profitable. No profit = cancellation.

• Members

That won't happen. Having the shows made 30 mins will not save the network money--a big reason networks pushed ot have soaps go to an hour is havign one hour show is only slightly more expensive production wise than a 30 minute soap--two 30 minut esoaps filling that time slot are *WAY* more expensive. A show will be canceled outright instead

• Administrator

I got major scoops for you!

In 2009, some or all of this will happen:

- Hogan Sheffer will be fired from Y&R

- Ron Carlivati will be fired from OLTL.....then rehired.....then fired again

- Dena Higley will be fired from DAYS

- Jean Passanante will be fired from ATWT

- Bob Guza will be fired from GH

- Charles Pratt will be fired from AMC

And remember, you read it here first!!! *Toups pats himself on the back for the major scoops*

Archived