AMC: Casting Spoiler involving Jesse's Past

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm ecstatic. LK is not some scenery chewing diva. She can say more with her eyes than many actresses can say with pages of dialogue and shrieking. She will do very well with Darnell and Debbie. The interracial angle is interesting and very risky given JnA's special status in the history of soaps. Pratt's going to need to tread carefully and there're are going to be haters right out of the gate. But at least they have the talent in place to make this work. I hope ABC doesn't wuss out.

I adore Laura Koffman and I'm actually glad she's not going back to OLTL. One, because this means I can actually watch her and two because I think the character of Cassie pretty much ran its course. What could she do other than play Good Fairy to Dorian and Blair?

• Members

I'm not thrilled with this story at all, but one writer if they so chose could make an interesting case for Jesse subconsciously falling for LK's character because, IMO, Laura Koffman reasonably resembles Kim Delaney/Jenny. While Angie and Jesse are an incredible supercouple, many felt Jenny was the romance Jesse never had because of the times.

• Members

I'm sure Tamara Braun coming to AMC had nothing to do with Pratt? He's consulting producer, I'm sure he gets a say in the casting. Especially since the casting directors are less involved in casting/recruiting for roles that are going to be filled with 'name' performers -- that's usually left to the producers.

• Members

I'm sure it had as much to do with Frons as Pratt. That's one example of a big name in the soap industry in recent years having a role created specifially for her. This role wasn't created specifically for Laura Koffman.

All the way from LA? I know Laura Koffman has done several stage roles in NYC and is based there, which leads me to believe this role was most likely cast with Wilson and Carruthers, as opposed to Pratt.

Laura Koffman, as talented as she is, I wouldn't classify her as a big name soap actress. She also hasn't exactly been working consistently in the soap industry for the last decade or so.

• Members

I go back and forth on this. She may not be a "big name soap actress" but I think she's definitely a "name" on ABC. I think she's a connection to quality and respectability. Also, she did just have a well-regarded, successful turn on the NY stage which flies quite nicely in the face of the many vapid hair models currently populating soaps.

• Members

Laura Koffman may be well regarded among longtime staff in NY soaps (she was in the running for the NuLily on ATWT recently and frankly should've gotten it) but I don't know of many current fans or PTB like Frons that know who she is. That said she is wonderful.

Archived