AMC: Friday, October 3, 2008

• Members

AMC is so GOOD lately. I usually do a marathon of the weeks episodes on Sunday's and I just finished. I once hated Annie and now she is one of my favorite characters even though she is completely pathetic. Erica and Krystal going at it was awesome too. I didn't know they hated each other so much. I guess that was before I started watching.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was pleasantly surprised by this episode's dialog. I went into this totally thinking, "uh, this dude is the script editor who let the Courtney Bugler Beach Speech slide by his pen... ugh!" and yet I found myself actually enjoying it.

I also enjoy how Pratt is giving Adam back his balls. I'm tired of Babe and JR telling him what to do in HIS house and how, previously (especially under McTavish), all Adam ever did was slink away and pout. Now, when these freeloaders bark orders, he'll snap right back at them and remind them he can do anything he pleases on his own estate.

You hate anything Lavery anyway, so...? Let a character you hate be pathetic and get revenge on another character you hate. Actually, I would think you'd be in hog heaven... floating on jubulant clouds with Holy Saint Kendall by your side... dropping down guns of love from her heavenly diaper bag sprinkled with hypocritical bitchery.

Selective amnesia... does it every time.

Annie's been awesome to watch.

And of course Erica hates Krystal that much. The Carey Girls stole her daughter Bianca's baby daughter Miranda and Erica's the only one in town who actually REMEMBERS that and never lets them forget it.

• Members

I was pleasantly surprised by this episode's dialog. I went into this totally thinking, "uh, this dude is the script editor who let the Courtney Bugler Beach Speech slide by his pen...

=======================================================

What!?!?! ROFL. You are not talking about AMC are you? You talking about GH?:)

• Members

Oh R - I love you! Btw, you're an amazing writer. I really hope writing is part of your day job, and you're making money from your talent.

I also thought Beldner did a great job - except Erica's "my daughter Kendall" line. I rolled my eyes, as if Adam and whoever else she was speaking to didn't know that already. You've got me noticing that every time now.

• Members

I think it's something that the script writer's will do once in a while to help familiarize any new viewers with family ties. (Or it was probably done to remind us about Kendall, since low and behold, she wasn't in this episode! God forbid we forget about her! :lol: )

• Members

Oh no - over the past couple of years - ever since R and other people have brought it up - I've noticed it from all characters. Zach, Kendall, Erica, Krystal...they all do it. I think some script writers are worse than others. I guess they do it to remind viewers how the relationships are connected, in case they are new or don't watch everyday?

• Members

Thank you. :) It's nice to read after being called lame and pathetic. But writing is just a hobby. I think I love it too much to make it a day job -- that's the quickest way to stop having fun doing something you love. IMO. But who knows what the future holds? ;)

I think it's noticable with Erica because SL says it the exact same way every time. My-dar-ter-Ken-dall. My-dar-ter-Bi-an-ca. Not to mention we're all waiting for the day when Erica acknowledges the fact that Miranda, Spike and Ian are her grandchildren instead of her daughter Bianca's daughter and her daughter Kendall's sons (but I won't get too far into that discussion because I will be here for days over that one!).

But yeah, Andy, sorry to point out the flaw in the diamond to ya. Now you can't help but notice it. :P It's just something that totally irritates me when the dialog is blatantly expository instead of natural. As you pointed out, you don't have to tell someone you've known for over 20 years that somebody's your daughter. Adam knows full well who Kendall is.

Hell, we all know who that hypocritcal bitch is.

ETA: After all of this "daughter" I just realized how weird that word looks to me now. :unsure:

• Members

Some people just don't get you and your humor all the time. Anyway, hobby or job, you're amazing. I wish you the best! :)

Haha! No worries. I've been able to pick up on so much thanks to you and others on here --- script writer quirks, this 'my daughter Kendall' stuff, and annoying director shots/decisions (mostly Casey Childs).

Thanks! I value (almost everyone's) opinions and posts - and you're one of my favorites! I always look forward to your posts, and I'm glad you keep coming back regardless or whether you are watching or not!

• Members

I found Friday a bit of a "treading-water" episode. Like the show is just marking the days until an alleged Big Cataclysmic Event Changes People's Lives Forever! © (copyright General Hospital).

Having said that, I could honestly watch Erica and Adam flirt and snark all day long. Erica has always been coquettish, but I love the way she flips her hair that much more around Adam, the way she bends over to collect her wrap in his presence.

Ugh. KWAK. I love it everytime Erica tears a strip off this self-proclaimed saint's ass.

I am SO ready for Annie to be moved into a different SL sphere from the ConFusion quad. And when is Ryan going to leave the show?

Co-signing on the R love. Apart from AMC, I love watching you wax lyrical about "Laura Wright's character." Or Kim Zimmer. ;)

Archived