OLTL Discussion: Week of September 22, 2008

• Administrator

What a fanstastic episode today!!!

I've changed my mind on Brody going nuts - I like it now because it looks like we're digging deeper into Brody's psychology and what happened in Iraq. Great scenes with him teaching Shane about guns.

How about those courtroom scenes??? Robin Strasser was great today!! I loved it when Dorian threatned the judge and that she'll do everything in her power to take him down just like the Buchanans. Another great scene was when Dorian was saying all those wonderful things about Langston, and she even complimented Markko!

The scenes with Carlotta, Antonio, Talia, Sarah, Leyla were nice balance with the heavy drama.

Great breakdown and script today!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It was an awesome episode all around!

Dorian outburst in court when she lost Langston, "You don't even know what these man's real motives are!" YET she didn't think about that when she brought brody to Llanview. Dorian is going through the same thing as Gigi and what Todd went through with the judicial system. Dorian making the situation worse reminded me of exactly what Dorian puts Todd down for.

The Rex/Gigi/Brody/Shane scenes are so good and ML, FF, JPL, and AW are all doing a good job. I always had faith RC was not going to "throw Brody under the bus" like many assumed. The s/l just needed time to play out and now we are getting movement. Going off of RC's writing style I have a feeling this is going to end up in a standoff similiar to Todd/Marcie/Tommy s/l in TX with everyone witnessing it on TV.

I agree the family dinner was a nice change of pace from all the drama.

I didn't even mind John McBain today :)

• Members

I don't know how to feel about the Brody/Shane scenes. On the one hand, I am disgusted that ABC are going there again with the Iraq vets = evil psychos. They've been hammering home that idea on GH, on and off, for the past 5 years.

On the other hand (and I'm not sure yet whether it was yesterday's script or the actor connecting with his character) there was something... very empathetic about Brody yesterday. I really felt for him when he talked about killing another human being. That was actually quite powerful (if only Valentini hadn't ruined it by piping in that Music o' Foreboding in those scenes!) and felt like the writers were trying to make a point about the scars of war. Which is why when he turned around and started teaching Shane about guns and then suggested live targets, it was such a whiplash. I know OLTL are going with the Washington sniper case (and his adopted son) from a few years' ago (and yes, he was a Gulf War 1 vet)... but I hope they tread carefully with this story.

I wonder what Robert S. Woods thinks about this story?

Boohoo, Gigi and Rex. Don't really care.

The Vega meal scenes struck a chord with me. Reminded me of being at my friend's house with her family (who are also from PR).

The Dorian-in-court stuff started off as really campy (and unreal. Would the court REALLY give custody to a Colombian ex-felon who was going to spirit Langston out of the country??), but Robin Strasser won me over with her monologue to the judge. She really adores Langston. And I really like the idea of the Cramer women sticking together through thick and thin.

• Members

Awesome episode Thursday!

RS was the standout star of the show yesterday. I loved her outburst and the fact that she was sent to jail for contempt. It's karma I tell you! I'm loving the build up to a possible mother of all showdowns between Clint and Dorian, and possibly Clint realizing he's turned into his father.

Clint and Dallas are couple I could get behind. I've finally been able to figure out why Dallas is in Llanview; a spoil for Nora and Clint.

I agree that the writers are doing alot more, it seemed, than just painting Brody as having gone psycho yesterday. Perhaps the showdown will be similiar to the Paris, TX one.

• Administrator

Great episode today! And we finally get a Friday cliffhanger again. We also had a mini cliffhanger when Cole saw the Ray/Clint handshake.

So we're finding a little bit more about Janet and she was acting a bid weird today. I wonder who she's connected to.

I thought OLTL was gonna go the GH route too but OLTL is obviously digging deeper. Now we know why Brody's all messed up. He accidently killed a 10 year old Iraqi boy in a hectic situation.

Elizabeth wrote a great script yesterday. Those courtroom scenes were so good.

Archived