OLTL Discussion: Week of September 22, 2008

• Members

Or maybe Janet is just a way to reopen the story regarding Allison's secret. I don't know about everyone, but once this Tess/Jess is over with I think the writers might delve into that story again. Besides it'll be a perfect time to do so since the secret might affect Jessica's mental psyche.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OMG you don't think Janet is Allison's mom do you? The thought of that just gave me chills. It never has been explained how Allison fell into Mitch's cult has it? And the way RC usually writes his storylines with a theme could we find out whom Nat's, Jess's, Rex's and Blair's fathers are all at once. This is almost too good to be true.

• Members

Janet looks to be about the same age as Alison. The woman is not that old.

Why is it hard to beleive that Gigi last saw her mom when she was really young? We have nothing to prove that she last saw her 10 years ago. That was just all an assumption simply bc we knew nothing of her history aside from dating Rex

• Members

Allison's parents appeared in the 1980s. Her father was the warden at the prison and I believe her mother was played by Eileen Heckart, who died a few years ago. Also, I suspect the Allison storyline won't be revisited. Wasn't there any article in some soap publication about how Valenti agreed with Tomlin dropping the storyline because Tomlin had written the original plotline and made it clear it wouldn't make much sense?

All the changing of paternity on "One Life to Live" reminds me of Cwikly and Brash's "Days of our Lives".

• Members

Why does everyone have to have both parents? Some people never know who their fathers or mothers are for various reasons and simply don't want to find them. I like the fact that we have never known who Blair's father is. Especially Blair's simply because it has never been brought up so why bring it up now? I will be really disappointed if they make Bo Rex's father because seriously, they need to be a little more original. If Rex had to have a father, I would love it to be David Vickers. Just because.

• Members

Caught up with Thurs and Fris ep. Lotsa good stuff, some more WTF stuff--but I still find the court custody scenes kinda ridiculous. I don't think ANY US court would give over custody to the uncle--especially if it meant moving to Columbia--so quickly. It just wouldn't happen. Too bad as I loved lotsa the acting around the scene

• Members

Hm... finally saw the Janet scenes you guys were talking about.

Could be her daughter is:

Gigi - Considering what little we know of Gigi's history. She might have bristled about Viki's picture because she could be aware of Viki and Gigi's friendship?

Marcie - Marcie's mother is said to have died while giving birth to Marcie. Fits Janet's comment about being "dead to them". Plus with Todd's hatred for Marcie it would add a layer to the story if Janet were his enemy's mother. Todd is plotting to snatch his grandchild from not only Starr's arms, but Marcie's as well.

Tina - Making Janet into Irene Clayton Manning would be QUITE a story and I'd easily say she could be Viki's age, and had Tina very young. But wouldn't Irene have known Todd was her son too? Or mentioned something about his last name? I actually want this to be the case, as Tina and Todd's mother Irene, and Viki's former childhood friend, but don't know if it will work with what we know of Todd's history.

Archived