What type of woman does JFP come off to you?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Lets also remember when JFP in 1999 at OLTL decided to fire Pam Long and then not replace her. She decided to become the head writer of OLTL and for a full year OLTL had no official head writer writing the show. It was a bunch of associate head writers but JFP was the one who executed the ideas onscreen. at GH she is pretty much a lame duck, it is all Guza's vision. I dream for the day Sri Rao takes over as GH's head writer, he did a wonderful job on Night Shift compared to the horrid first season. JFP has been there at GH close to 8 years but IMO two woman hold the major visionary part of GH's history. Gloria Monty is number 1 without her there never would have been GH continuing. The woman was a genius and a visionary for GH. The other one of course is Wendy Riche who is a major part of GH's history. I would love to see Wendy return to take the reigns back, she is much missed at GH. The problem she and Guza hated each other but he and JFP are in sync. Anyways though about JFP she is a petty woman as well. Apparently JFP's lowest point was remember when Felicia Minei Behr took over as VP of daytime in 2000 and called OLTL unwatchable. Apparently Jilly went ballistic about it and went to her buddy Angela Shapiro who was the prexy at the time. Angie/Jill were best buddies at ABC. Jill being moved to GH was a sign of a promotion for her by Angela Shapiro. She got that by kissing major ass. JFP knows when to smooze and kiss ass and then she knows when to become the biggest witch ever.

• Members

So do I. I think DaytimeFan and R Sinclair managed to capture the facets of JFP, the bad with, maybe, the not-so-bad.

Exactly. I've never heard Frank Valentini or even the much-maligned Ed Scott spoken about with the veciferousness reserved for JFP.

And, no, I'm not defending her -- at all. I'm just saying.

• Members

No, I didn't mean to imply anything about Jonnybros or other posters here, either. I'm no fan of JFP, not by a long shot. There's a reason I don't watch GH anymore, and she's part of that reason (although not the biggest part -- I'm looking at you, Guza <_< ). But I guess I'm more torn on JFP than I thought. I hate Gooz unreservedly. My feelings for her are more ambivalent.

It also makes me wonder about male EPs out there who may have done the same awful things she has. Paul Rauch or John Conboy, for example. Some would measure GL's destruction to the Conboy/Weston period. And didn't Rauch fire/backburn a bunch of people on Santa Barbara and replaced them with his faves?

• Members

I watch clips of her time at Guiding Light on Youtube, and I cannot imagine this is the same EP that drove me away from OLTL, and now, GH. I do not lay all the blame at her feet, but there is plenty.

I do think she USED to have great production taste. The sets, costumes, new show open and look of GL during her time were incredible. I also remember how much better everyone looked at the begining of her OLTL stint. She used to put some effort into producing a look for her shows.

She also used to go for the drama, hardcore, and the shows I saw her working on had superior acting and gutwrenching material, and it was well produced. Viki was again a major character during her time on OLTL, and she kept Nora front and center. On Guiding Light she fully supported the ensemble work of that show, and no one was the single star from what I have read. The writers wrote for everyone, and she produced the hell out of it.

But the things I can't forgive or forget are becoming more present than ever. Frankie Frame on AW being so brutally killed in the middle of the afternoon, on camera. It was a bit much for me. Maureen Bauer's fate being decided by a focus group. Laura kills a legacy character on GH (Rick Webber), goes insane, and the killings of Alan Q, Emily, Georgie, Cooper and Logan (so much promise), Tony, Justus, Michael, Sonny's sister who I couldn't stand by the time she died in the contagion, but I forget her name, etc. That is a number of promising and legacy people killed in less than 5 years on one show. Fight for your show Jill! You should know better.

The ever famous FOJ. Of all the talented actors to work for her, why we see Kale Brown and Bolger on every show is shocking. They just aren't that great at anything she has had handed to them. What happened to Cassie and Dorian on OLTL was horrible. The way Genie Francis has been treated at GH is pretty bad too. Tony still gets his annual vacations, which from what I have read is all Genie really wants. She managed to screw up keeping or luring Vanessa Marcil back, but the men on her shows seem to get whatever they want. That brief period when Brenda returned, and the hostage in the hotel sweeps stunt are the only two things I can remember having any positive effect on the ratings during her tenure.

Worst of all for me, the new hospital set design looks like CRAP. There I said it. I was not really a big fan of the overly dark refit during Wendy Richie that got rid of the old nurses station, but GH looks so cheap now, and if I have to look at those crappy backsplash tiles all over the palce, at least pick some richer colors people.

Archived