What type of woman does JFP come off to you?

• Members

We have all heard different things about this woman. Her Santa Barbara was good, her GL was her best run, her AW was too Phelped for me, she destroyed OLTL and GH it is all Guza vision. Anyways what type of woman does JFP come off to you. IMO she looks like the biggest bitch you could ever encounter. In fact she is infamous for being the meanest, nastiest, scaryest and biggest control freak in daytime. First of all she got the Dobsons locked out of their own. She is a woman who loves her friends and makes it known and the ones she hates she either fires you, makes your life miserable or gets you no screentime. Robin Strasser said in a recent hotline there is no love loss between her and JFP. In fact she said JFP wanted her off OLTL from the first year she was on it. That is why Dorian killed Jessica's baby and she had no friends, lover or any of her girls around her. JFP tried to fire RS and she wanted Dorian sent to Statesville but she ended up getting RS to quit. Robin even said her last day in 2000 was such a dark day. JFP arranged the entire shooting schedule for RS to finish her scenes dead last and she missed half her going away party. She was blacklisted from ABC because of JFP, alot of bad blood between them. Also JFP fired Laura Koffman when she was on maternity leave. She sent her a fax saying her services were being terminated and no longer rendered. She also overworked Phil Carey to death and did not care about his health. From what I heard JFP is either your bestest buddy galpal if she is friends with you or the meanest biatch you have ever encountered. Does she look like a nice woman to you or like the wicked witch of the west aka Cruella De Ville?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

JFP seems to be a total cow. Lesli said that when she was on GH, JFP said to her right off the bat something like "if you think that GH will be your place to shine, it never will be" and then fired her soon after LK told GH she was pregnant.

Totally loved the emmys a few years back when she got cut off that was priceless.

• Members

she really said that to her? Bitch.

She also fired Laura Koffman on OLTL when she was pregnant. LK went on maternity leave and then JFP left her a message on her phone telling her not to come back. I remember OLTL fans being heated with how abruptly Cassie was dropped

• Members

My one word response would be unprintable.

She is the antithesis of Claire Labine, Agnes Nixon and Linda Gottlieb. She is the monolithic embodiment of everything about female-on-female misogyny and sexism in contemporary daytime.

• Members

JFP ahs no power at GH, but that's the case with all of the ABCD EP's in this Frons climate.

I often get slammed for this, but the woman IS NOT without talent. When she's paired with an equally strong HW, she can produce one hell of a show. At most shows she's been at, she's had great taste in music, set-design, and overall production.

Is she a bitch? You bet, but I don't know if I wouldn't be if I didn't have the job she has - overseeing the entire production of a daily soap opera. Yes, she's done some questionable and downright nasty things, but that still doesn't take away that she isn't without *some* talent.

Her SB was very good for the most part.

Her GL was exquisite for the most part, especially those years where Nancy Curlee and Stephen Demorest were there.

Her AW was atrocious, but she did revamp the show's production values and showed that even though P&G and no longer cared, she wanted to put on a classy looking show.

Her OLTL was equally atrocious, and in many ways, the show never recovered from the damage she unleashed.

Outside of her first two years or so at GH, which were horrible, Guza and Frons get most of the blame for why GH is in the place it's in.

• Members

JFP is a frustrated woman. Daytime has changed, radically, since JFP started in the business in the 80s...her days of innovation and power are long over. Thus, it is clear that her bitchery, for she IS a bitch, have developed since OLTL. Prior to that, JFP was generally respected by those who worked for her. The reputation she's garnered really started to evolve once she started at ABC, it changed her...I don't know how, but it did.

JFP is an EP who goes by numbers. If someone fails a focus group, they're fired. If the budget is out of control, she slashes and burns until she's in the black. If she gets an order from the higher ups, she enacts it. JFP has vision, HER vision, she also works like a dog.

That said, she's done some very petty things and I think she could stand to get spat in the face. Of course, she isn't alone in being difficult, a lot of executives are. JFP has virtually no power at GH, as all ABC EP's do and is said to be resigned to her fate. Daytime is a business that is falling apart so JFP is going to ride GH for as long as she can because she is very aware that finding work after GH will be very, very difficult if not not impossible.

One thing I will give JFP is that when Jeanne Cooper won the Emmy this year I saw her give a round of applause that was genuine and respectful. JFP looked delighted for Jeanne and the two, to my knowledge, don't know one another at all. Hard to sum up, but the way JFP looked it gave me pause for thought that maybe, just maybe, the woman has a heart and likes veterans and respects those who have 'survived' just as she has.

• Members

It's not that the woman is widely hated -- she does have her FOJ's who will sing each and every praise possible. It's just that you're either in, or you're out. And if you're out, you'd have to do something really bad or really good to be noticed by her, otherwise, she could care less about you.

That's my impression. I know a lot of "strong" women like that. Women who are so determined to be taken seriously and rather have you think of them as a cold, callous bitch rather than have you think of them as a cheap, easy bimbo that's ripe for the masculine picking.

Is it exactly the BEST way to do business? No. Is it understandable with the way entertainment has been an Good Ol' Boys Club? Yes. Do I take that into consideration when she pulls some absolute garbage and utters the most asinine comments? I try -- but at the end of the day, only so much "Awww, there-there, Jilly... You're just trying to be respected" will cover so many wounds.

She will bring that obnoxious John Bolger on GH as that equally obnoxious Mayor Floyd -- She'll bring that annoying Darlene Vogel on the show to roll around in bed with Rick Hearst... She'll use Kale Browne to do voice over work... but she won't go to bat with ABC to work out a deal with Genie Francis? These lackluster actors who kiss her ass are worth getting work, but one of the shows iconic actresses -- not so much?

She's questionable, her "vision" is questionable, and her management and people skills are beyond questionable. I think they're nonexistant.

Archived