KNOTS LANDING

• Members

Happy anniversary. Maybe I'll get back to my slight backlog this weekend, I've been so busy with other stuff IRL and now there's a bit of a GH historical binge for Jackie Z. I'm still not through with the very end of Season 6, and eps are hard to come by at present.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Val/Gary/Ben was a well-crafted triangle with conflict between two very different types of love. Val's love for Gary was that of a young girl's first love that was supposed to last forever but it didn't. Val's love for Ben was that of a grown woman moving on with her life.

• Members

Whatever happened to Doug Sheehan?

From a few primetime guest spots to contract and popularity on GH, leading to KL and then starring on a sitcom (Day by Day) it seemed that another series was on the cards or some prominent appearances in TV movies or mini series and perhaps a return to soaps when things cooled off but he just seemed to vanish.

Maybe his choice?

• Members

I think Ben was a great addition to the show, and I missed him when he is gone.  But I prefer Gary with Abby, and Val with Ben. As much as I love the push/pull of Gary and Val, I am okay with them not being together.

Edited by titan1978

• Members

Douglas Sheehan was great with Joan Van Ark, but Val could be so damn exhausting, lol.  JVA blamed the Lechowicks for turning Val into the "village idiot," but I think the character assassination, for lack of a better term, had happened long before.

• Members

That makes sense, @Soaplovers.  I think the producers should have addressed that issue, too.  Val had been through every parent's worst nightmare.  Getting the twins back seemed to put a nice bow on everything, but it really shouldn't have.  We should've seen Val struggling even after getting Betsy and Bobby back.  Val should've been paranoid about losing them again to the point where she refuses to leave the house without them or have them sleep in another bedroom.  And Ben should've been beside himself (again) over how to handle the situation.

Of course, being the cruel bastard that I am, I would've had Ben convince Val to leave the twins at home with Lilimae or one of Karen's sons for an evening out with Mack and Karen, only to have Ben and Val return home that night to discover that the twins have been abducted yet again.