KNOTS LANDING

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I think it would’ve just been a mystery story but their chemistry was so strong that I wouldn’t be surprised if they went there with it. 

I think it would’ve just been a mystery story but their chemistry was so strong that I wouldn’t be surprised if they went there with it. 

• Members

It would certainly tie in with that scene of Greg visiting Laura's gravesite in the season 13 finale.  But I think any plans to bring back Laura would have been doomed to fail.  Constance McCashin was irreplaceable, IMO, and given her feelings about being let go from the show, I doubt the producers could have convinced her to return, too.  In a perfect world, though, they could have lured her back - either as Laura, or as her twin or lookalike.

Edited by Khan

• Members

I agree. CM was given the shaft and would probably never return. They would have had to do some serious courting/butt kissing to make her even consider it. 

Speaking of those last seasons, why was Stacy Galina (Kate) considered such a find ?  Even when they did the 1997 reunion she was brought back with Gary's child in tow and given major airtime. 

• Members

It boggles my mind to this day, @SoapDope, lol.  I truly don't know what the show saw in Galina that they brought her back as a new character after killing her off as Mary Frances.

One of my biggest issues with the Lechowicks is how often their casting choices felt lacking.  This is true not just on KNOTS LANDING, but on all the primetime shows they worked on: "Homefront," "Second Chances," "Hotel Malibu," "That's Life," "Wild Card," etc.  For every Michelle Phillips or Nicollette Sheridan, there were too many Penny Peysers and Melinda Culeas.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Andrea Thompson has had a real weird career. I will credit her for leaving CNN at the height of the Iraq War and speaking out at a very dangerous time to be doing that, whether her exit was really about that conflict or her becoming a minor scandal for the network because of her racy resume.

• Members

Kimberly Foster and Cathy Podewell were appropriate choices for the kind of show that DALLAS had become by the late '80's and early '90's.  Andrea Thompson (and Gisele) might have been the worst thing to happen to FC - yes, worse than even Kristian Alfonso, lol.

• Members

Her brief scenes with Greg as Mary Catherine packed a real punch, and someone seemingly realized it had been a mistake to kill that character off. The idea of having her under the thumb of a control freak mother, and reminding Greg of his failures as a father, was not bad. When they moved away from that and just started writing her as a generic heroine in season 13, there was nothing of value to be found.