KNOTS LANDING

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'm at Season 11 episode 3. I think Val's IQ dipped.

Val said she didn't know what to write about.
She just lived thru hell with Jill and could write about something based on her and Ben

She doesnt know Danny yet she is ready to marry him -- despite being burned so much in the past

Plus there are NO obstacles between she and Garry

• Members

I’ve been rewatching Party of Five and when I reached season five, the quality instantly dropped and it was such a jarring shift I was curious if they changed show runners. Then I noticed in the credits that John Romano joined as EP and it explained it all. He’s the same man who ruined Knots Landing in season 13. Just a dreadful writer when it comes to soaps. 

• Members

That is a wild connection. I remember PO5 getting weird, though I was not a constant viewer.

For anyone who cares: Still have a slight backlog of notes going into the end of Season 6, so I'm going to try to tie those off this weekend or next week but don't quote me. I was planning to sync up and watch the creative swap at Dallas and KL together in their concurrent seasons, but I'm probably going to wait on that a little bit until I can secure further constant access to Knots or unless I get lucky on some corner of the Net. It's definitely going to sting to watch the new remasters of Dallas in HD on FreeVee(?) while looking at these poor old Knots recordings.

• Members

For fun I asked ChatGPT to write me a synopsis for a Knots Landing reboot and I was impressed how interesting this concept sounds. Granted I didn't mention any of the original characters so it didn't factor them in.