Opening sequences

Huntress

• Members

Actually, the show's name is ambigious - since "macht" can also be the 3rd person singular of the verb "machen" - and therefore it can also be translated as "Money Leads to Love".

The opening looks really outdated. I won't even bother watching the show.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The opening credits of Dutch primetime soap Westenwind:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The show was about two competing families of shipbuilders in Rotterdam: The Noordermeer family and the De Graaf family. Loved this show (although the last 2 seasons were pretty bad).

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members
  • Members

Huntress: Watching those German openings, I noticed how the entire casts are white, with no other racial groups at all. Weird, considering the amount of debate that goes into US/UK/Oz soaps not being diverse enough (and right that is). Have the longer running soaps been more multicultural in the past? Is diversity an issue in the German TV industry?

I really like the latest Marienhof opening; it's very comedic, which is different to the majority of soaps openings that are usually either, serious, dramatic, out-of-date, or just a plain title card.

Brand New Neighbours opening for their 25th Anniversary - they're awesome, and they really capture the popular old style opening credits of the early 2000s. Theme could do with a remix, but we can't have everything, considering this EP is prone to getting everything wrong.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtTKr9tjljc&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtTKr9tjljc&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtTKr9tjljc&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

• Members

The Neighbours theme from the late 90s is better but I do like the new credits (Declan is so great, and such eye candy, I don't know how they're going to replace him). If I didn't watch the show I would assume Toadie and Lucas are a couple.

• Members

Yeah, I liked the late 90s theme, too. Also was a fan of the jazzy version - the one that got canned by the critics. Strangely, EE's jazz theme also got trashed by the critics, and I loved that one, too! :lol:

I thought the same thing about Lucas and Toadie. Normally, they'd have a third party involved, like Lou, but then I guess Lyn would be redundant.

And Declan is awesome! The recast is gonna be weird, and the portrayal will lack James' natural chemistry with Jane Hall (Rebecca), and baby India. I mean, what are the chances of the recast having equally good chemistry with them, too?

Archived