Opening sequences

Huntress

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How long did most of these shows last?

I watched some of Hotel Caesar on Youtube and it seems like kind of a strange show - I was shocked to see in the middle of fairly mundane stories, the beginnings of a threeway, and a (clothed) sex scene which seemed to involve thrusting and orgasm. All with this Jens August, who looked pretty hot.

There's also this...bizarre and strangely hilarious scene.

Did any of the shows you linked the openings to have any gay/bi/lesbian characters?

• Members

Hotel Cæsar has lasted from 1998 and is still running, De Syv Søstre from 1996 to 2000, Offshore from 1996 to 1999, Hvaler was shown in 2008 and in 2010, Himmeblå lasted from 2008 until 2010 and Vestavind from 1994 to 1995. Well, some of these might be more drama series than soaps - that depends on what see as soap and what you see as drama series. Hotel Cæsar is the only one of these shown daily.

Well, I'm too young to have seen the oldest shows on TV, but this is what I can find about gay/bi/lesbian characters:

*De Syv Søstre: Roy Bakke (Simon Andersen) was gay, and later became partner with Frode (Arne Lindtner Næss) (who "cam out" during the show).

*Hotel Cæsar: No-one on the openings I linked to, but they've had the gay character Birger Bahr in 2001, and the bi character Vilde Mykland adn her partner Ellen Lavik (also bi) (2005-2007).

I don't think the other shows had any gay/bi/lesbian characters.

I've answered what you wrote about Hotel Cæsar in a new topic:

• Members

It's about a wine business family or some type of business family, and the grandfather (I think) dies, and then it becomes a battle over power and money with various dysfunctional relatives. One brother is dating a much older woman. Another is gay but wants to see if he can be with a woman...but he ends up getting together with his newly discovered half-sister, yet also wants to be with his boyfriend.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Semi-recent update to Dutch soap Goede Tijden Slechte Tijden's opening. Not sure if anyone sees any of this show at all (only one part of the show is uploaded with English subtitles - Lucas/Edwin-related stories) but I know they changed the titles last year, and I'm so glad because LAWRD was the old opening terrible.

Anyway, it seems as though RTL Nederlands is much less anal about their titles being posted online (the full show is posted daily on YouTube so...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHTxOORh9Po

A little cheesy, but my roommate and I both noted how it sorta reminded us of the early 90s AMC opening a bit. Does anyone watch the show at all? I'm enjoying the story a LOT more lately, even if it is a little PSA-ish as of late.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Verbotene Liebe June 2011 opening

The show has been extended to 40 minutes as of today. As the show brought back three key characters from its very first year on the air, the new opening also goes "back to the roots". The theme song has been altered for the first time in the history of the soap.

Order: Verbotene Liebe - Clarissa - Jan | Julia - Julia & Ricardo | Jan - Timo | Emilio - Charlie | Arno - Jessica & Tanja | Jessica - Patricia | Patricia & Thomas | Kim - Christian | Olli - Tanja - Sebastian | Tanja & Sebastian - Ansgar - Ludwig & Elisabeth | Ludwig - Helena | Helena & Andi - Tristan | Marlene - Dana - Marlene, Dana & Hagen | Nico - Ansgar - Verbotene Liebe

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived