Edge of Night (EON) (No spoilers please)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I wonder about his detective novel. Was it ever published?

Ted Tinling was a wonderful actor, and Vic Lamonte was a great character. He should never have been killed off the show, but that is something for which Henry Slesar was noted. He liked to break up some of the characters who were seemingly meant for each other. He broke up Laurie/Vic and Steve/Deborah on The Edge of Night and also Tony/Jill on Somerset.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Actor Michael Maitland played Tommy Hatcher. His storyline was with Geri Pollock (Millee Taggart). I am not quite certain what the connection with Geri was. She lived in the house with the dumb waiter with him. Two actors played his father, Byron Stewart and John Cullum. Elizabeth Lawrence played the housekeeper. The storyline had something to do with spies, but I honestly do not remember the specifics.

Mr. Maitland was also on Broadway in Mame (this was probably the role created by Frankie Thomas of As the World Turns) and The Rothchilds (which, I believe, had Hal Linden of Search for Tomorrow and Caroline McWilliams of The Guiding Light and Another World).

He was also on Dark Shadows and Search for Tomorrow.

He later had a successful career in the restaurant and catering business before being struck with cancer.

He passed away on April 23, 2014.

• Members

Correction from the above post: Michael Maitland did NOT play the same role in Mame that Frankie Thomas played. They were two different roles, with the one played by Frankie Thomas being the larger, Emmy-winning role.

Also in Mame with him was Diana Walker (As the World Turns, Dark Shadows, Where the Heart Is).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Sharon Gabet has posted many of her own BTS photos of her time on EON on her FB page. They are all delightful, especially one where she and several of the show's males are all lounging around on one bed during a break. (Larkin Malloy is seated at her left holding up an issue of Playgirl that belonged to Sharon. LOL!!)