Edge of Night (EON) (No spoilers please)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think that was an earlier story, with Geraldine's daughter-in-law Tiffany.

There used to be some January 1979 material on Youtube that had a fair amount of Lori. That channel was deleted. I do have it but I don't know how to upload to Youtube :(

Anyway, here's a short clip:

• Members

I loved Lori Cardille when she was on The Edge of Night. She later played a role on Ryan's Hope, but I did not see her all that much on Ryan's Hope.

I also must say that I HATED Stephanie Braxton as Winter on The Edge of Night. I like the actress, but her portrayal was too different from that of Lori Cardille. It was revealed that Winter was truly guilty, I think, after Ms. Braxton assumed the role. (Please correct me on that if I am wrong.)

The character not only looked and acted differently, but it seems to me that she was written differently.

It should be noted that Winter was in love with Miles, and Stephanie Braxton and Joel Crothers had played a married couple on The Secret Storm.

Also, Winter had murdered Wade Meacham. Stephanie Braxton and Dan Hamilton were married in real life.

Was the final acting role for Stephanie Braxton on the ABC primetime series King's Cross?

May I add that I thought that Lori Cardille and Joe Lambie (Logan) made a perfect couple in my mind?

At some point on the show when Joe Lambie was playing Logan (probably when he was dating Winter), Logan had a secretary named Maggie.

Robin Groves played the role.

I loved Ms. Groves, and I wish that the show had expanded her character.

Edited by danfling

• Members

Thanks - I do know that the priest was played by the same actor who played the hammy Rusty Sentell on SFT, and his brother was played by Gary Sandy, later of WKRP. I would like to see clips of that love story, because it brought a lot of controversy for its day. It pre-dated The Thorn Birds.

Did Stephanie Braxton have any other soap writing experience other than her brief co-headwriter status at SFT in the mid-80s?