Y&R: Chloe IS ******'s Daughter!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've no real opinion on the twist as of yet but I don't think it plays into a new/old viewer debate. If anything, they're trying (perhaps misguidedly) to appeal to longtime viewers who know who the hell Kate is.

I can't imagine a shallow outsider being drawn into the show because Chloe is the daughter of the blonde octogenarian's middle aged maid.

• Webmaster

I've been watching Y&R off-and-on since 1994, since the days of Matt, Sharon, Nicholas and I forget her name (Matt raped Sharon and her).

I don't remember Kate being mentioned or seen, so I'm very pleased with this twist in storylines.

• Webmaster

Actually, I can. If I were tuning into a show (Y&R) for the first time and they were showing the same tired story of woman claims baby is fathered by rich man she slept with while drunk, and rich man has princess girlfriend...I'd be reminded of the same story over and over. However, said woman now turns out to be the daughter of said rich mans grand mother's maid, now that is a twist I like. That has gotten me more interested in this storyline beyond Chloe being a bitchy character (the best characters on soaps, imo) and giving Lily hell.

With the added bonus of

? Now this is the best umbrella story I've seen on a soap in possibly the last 15 years of me watching many soaps at once.

• Members

I'm not a Y&R viewer outside of snippets I catch on soapnet from time to time, but Chloe's character and storyline has been the one thing grabbing my attention on that show. I think they need to start Cane softening toward Chloe soon, so that if

And I did think the story was a little rudderless before, and I'm so casual a viewer that I never even knew Esther had a child, but tying Chloe to Esther also grabbed my attention because it makes the story that much more personal for Kay, Jill, Esther, etc. That twist takes the story to a whole other level, no longer being about just Chloe/Cane/Lily, but now a huge story about the Chancellors. Whether it was "fair" to spin this twist, I really don't care, it strengthens the story and gives a GREAT actress and GREAT character a more substantial connection to the canvas, even through a peripheralized character like Esther.

And with

, THAT'S the next turn I'm actually going go out of my way to tune in to see....

• Members

That was Amy who Sharon could have prevented being raped if she had the guts to go to the police and report her own rape. But that is a different thread. How I know that when I've only been watching since 2004 is beyond me, lol!!

• Members

Sharon might not have committed the rape of Amy, but she very well could of prevented it. Back in the day Sharon was dating Nick and pretending to be a virgin, despite the fact she had a child. At some point she was raped by Matt Clark. Instead of reporting her rape to the police she kept it a secret thinking Nick wouldn't want a tainted woman. Matt the rapist was allowed to get away with his crime and went on to rape Sharon's, so called, best friend Amy. Where Bill Bell had the opportunity to have a woman do the right thing, he had her do what sadly a lot of women do and keep it to themselves. They could have showed female viewers everywhere that being raped is not their fault and reporting it to the police is the right thing to do. If more women reported rapes, serial rapists like Matt Clark would be put away sooner. Thanks Errol for reminding me just why I hate this despicable character called Sharon!!

Archived