OLTL week of August 18, 2008

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A part me always thinks that OLTL would miles better right now if they had a capable EP and production team, but that's just me. I don't know BUT to me the Mendorra and 1968 stories all lacked execution IMO.

Which is why I'm somewhat happy that Ed Scott was fired from DAYS. He's now back on the market, and I pray to the soap gods that he comes to OLTL. He expects nothing but the best from his actors, and I think he would whip the cast back into shape since to me, IMO, Valentini and Co. don't seem to do it.

Gotta add that Monday and Tuesday's episodes rocked, esp. Tuesday's. Tuesday's eppy was like taking a psych class, something I want out of my soaps!

• Members

I'm truly baffled by what's going on with Bree these days.

I'm not disagreeing with you - she is limited. But the one thing (I think) everyone can give her is that when the Tess story first started a few years ago, Bree gave it her all. And, arguably, it wasn't until the Tess story that people started identifying Bree with Jessica Buchanan (God knows the Antonio/Keri story previously did her NO favors). She *SOLD* Tess back then, in spite of the blatant history rewrites. This is HER character... not Erin Torpey's... BREE'S.

So WHY GOD WHY is she playing Tess (I say this with gratitude to the poster who first made this comparison... I think it was either Vee or DeeDee) like Wile E. Coyote? I mean, that's like if Scott Bryce came back to ATWT as Craig and played him like Hunt Block. DUDE, you ORIGINATED AND DEVELOPED this character AT ITS CONCEPTION. There's no excuse!!!

• Members

I am so pleased the BE story has been elevated again. That's the best story OLTL has had and I hope it will move back front and center. Thought JvD and JoB were great today.

Loved the interaction at Llanview with Natalie, Jared, Tina and Tess. But agree that THIS Tess is some sort of unrecognizable concoction. Still don't know who to blame for that. Bree is still so cartoonish, but I continue to think that's how she's being directed to play it.

The Quad bores me, so I refuse to talk about it.

The Blair/Marcie scenes were really good. Addressed a lot of problems I've had with this story and how Blair's character was behaving.

Only if a child was conceived and Emma wasn't already pregnant with Asa's child.

• Members

If that's indeed where they end up going, I don't understand the purpose. David would still be a Buchanan, and STILL entitled to his share of the Buchanan fortune. It doesn't matter if he's Asa's son or Bo's son.

Then again, I know little about law, so if I'm wrong about that, I take it all back. :)

• Members

Was today supposed to be another of those flipped out alternate universe days with Tina in Viki's kitchen leading the Lord girls in their cartoony antics contrasted with the voice of reason Addie in Dorian's kitchen trying her best to pass of this group of mopes as strong "Cramer Girls"?

• Members

thoughts from today:

I hate that scarf that Tess had on. I know its Jessica's and I always hated it then too. I was hoping Tess would burn it. Why the heck was she wearing a scarf around her neck in the middle of August anyway?

Blair is being irresponsible again. I was loving her as a strong woman, trying to be a good mother but now she's slipping out night for booty calls? No one even knew she was gone. She has a pregnant TEENAGE daughter. I guess its too late to be trying to set a good example. And is anyone else bothered with how she and Starr discuss her sex life? Thats just TMI. I cant imagine talking to my child about my sex life. Starr was casually talking to her about the men she's been sleeping with and taking guesses at who Blair's been doing since she left Todd. I felt it was innapproriate that that was going on, especially with Sam right there. Thank goodness Jack didnt walk in and ask what a booty call was

Was this a different Keys on today? Maybe it was my PC screen, but he looked alot darker today.

While I have been enjoying their scenes, seriously why is all of Tina's airtime being used to babysit Viki's brats? I want to see her mix it up with Todd, Blair and Dorian, you know adults, she actually has history with. I love how Natalie admires her and loves having her around, but I cant stand how Tess treats her. Too bad she thinks she's Jessica, bc I want Tina to go off on her

• Members

Even though I enjoy Carlivati's OLTL even now far more than most of Higley's--that's the main reason I think. I dunno how Bree could play these scenes with her campy one liners everyone's oblivious to, bizarre actions, building secret rooms in a hosu eeveryone lives in, pouring big bottles of poison into pasta, etc in any other way, frankly.

• Members

Agreed on Tina pro and con.

I disagree with Blair though--she slipped out for a booty call but it's hardly like she left her daughter alone and helpless. It coudl be argued she's settign a poor example but it's true to Blair's character and, maybe I'm more liberal ;) , but hardly something she shouldn't be allowed to do. She's not going out and havign dangerous random sex or something. Besides it was Addie who brought up hte bootie call and everything else--Blair said nothign and tried to change the discussion

Keys is definetly the same. I'm assuming they found the actor as a body guard, not as an actor...

I actually thought it was a decent episode--nothing amazing but...

Yes. Is David still meant to be fading away even tho we can't see him? :S

Archived