OLTL week of August 18, 2008

• Members

It's good to have . . . whatever it is, back! I noticed this week (starting last week) is much better as well. I think it is partly due to having some movement in the scenes again. I like how RC has these scenes that start out with Tess and Tina, then Jared and Natalie come in, then Jared leaves, then Natalie, then Cris and Sarah come in, then Jess leaves, then they all crop up somewhere else and interact with different characters. It keeps the scenes more interesting. The same with Nora/Cole and Langston and Markko, then they show up at the country club or whatever and share scenes with Starr and Blair and Marcie. It just keeps the character interaction from growing stale. Much Much Much improved IMO.

Plus I thought the show was much better when the BE story was being showcased. It's the kind of broad overarching story I enjoy. All these other "pod" stories as I call them are pretty self contained and there's little if any overlap with other stories.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Every time I look at Gigi's lips I imagine a bib around her neck and big dripping chunks of buttery lobster between her sticky fingers.

So does it stand to reason that Renee et al will now remember meeting Gigi when she visited from the future?

I look forward to Natalie being imprisoned but I'm starting to get a *little* sick of Tess.

Wait, lol, back up, what did I miss? Was someone doing the Soldier Boy in today's ep?

• Members

Normally, I don't like Todd's bullying, but I don't mind what he did to that doctor. As the saying goes "you can't con honest man". Well, you can't blackmail an honest person either. That doc was acting pretty self righteous for someone who covered up for someone stealing drugs from a hospital. She could have fessed up at any time if her ethics meant that much to her. Not that I want Todd to get away with baby napping Starlet.

I liked Todd and Tess. The way he kept calling her "Jessica" was great. I just hope Todd doesn't end up losing his relationships with Vikki and Jessica because there is no way he's going to call Vikki. Why is it that the people TSJ have the most chemistry with are the very people Todd can't or shouldn't hook up with? <_<

I feel bad for Brody. I wish he would meet up with Tess or Leyla.

• Members

One conversation with Tess and Todd realizes she's not Jessica at the moment. Yet the fools who live with her haven't figured it out yet. :lol: I love Tess and Todd's interaction, they do have good chemistry it is too bad they're related.

They should consider recasting Tea for him. Todd could use a permanent attorney, plus she did battle with Marty and Blair.

• Members

Tess sure was stupid going off on Todd the way she did, especially since he was the first one to figure out she was an alter the first time around.

I did love her attacking him though! It was fun watching her insult him and call him out on his miserable life that he caused. When she figured out that he knew about her, I thought she was going after him to kidnap or stop him somehow

You have good taste. Tea rocked! I want her back as well

• Members

This week wasn't great, but definitely an improvement over the last month. And after reading the spoilers for next week, seems like it only gonna get better.

Me too, but only if it was Florencia. I loved her with Todd and RJ! :wub: But I doubt that'll happen, so for now she can stay gone until they can get her back.

• Members

I really liked Rex and Gigi at first, but I am really getting very sick of them. Not only are they on almost everyday (I know they were off for two days this week to make room for the Quad -- the other story that bores me to tears) but they are the focus of every episode they're on. We get these short clips of everything else that marginally advances story and then what seems like hours devoted to Rex and Gigi. I've really had enough. And it doesn't seem there's an end in sight. I was hoping once we got through the 1968 stuff they would get a break (and me too!). But it's starting to look like their story will remain front and center even when they return.

Oversaturation Kills RC!

• Members

I'm a little disappointed Todd and Tessica are related. So much psychological baggage between two people! Think of the potential.

I love Rex and Gigi dearly, but yes, it's time to call the DeLorean.

Brody and Talia should SO hook up!

Archived