Carolyn Hinsey Fired!

• Members

Wow, Mark, outspoken criticism? Carolyn? Of whom, someone she didn't like?

At any rate for now, one position has been eliminated, and in business terms, it was the right one, and it is the only change being made. And the people she had crushes on - Catherine Hickland, Michelle Stafford, Ron Carlivati, Thorsten Kaye, Vanessa Marcil, and others ... they don't really need the kind of attention that obvious bias brings, especially when it's someone who never had any use for any of the P&G soaps, going back to AW & including ATWT & GL. [No sexual meaning to my use of crush there, BTW.]

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

QUOTE (Donna B @ Aug 8 2008, 02:03 PM)
LOL!! Yeah, I'm trying to figure out what's been scooped. ... just a different view. Although not everything being thrown into the feeding frenzy over there is true. Tons definitely is, especially about Carolyn. But, yes, two outings, if people didn't know, and an affair, if people didn't know ... There hasn't really been one good gossip site for soaps in a long time!!

But, Mark, some of the 'vitirol' early on, come on, surely you can kinda 'get' that, right? After there was blood in the water, though, some of those people are just enjoying being outrageous. Some not.

Still having some strange sense of unreality to find you here. What fun!

I get it. I'm going to Jossip every thirty minutes, so I get it.

Maybe this will create a new gossip niche for soaps :). People must be very afraid that the "protection" ethic of the soap press is at least temporarily waived.

QUOTE (Donna B @ Aug 8 2008, 02:19 PM)
Wow, Mark, outspoken criticism? Carolyn? Of whom, someone she didn't like?

At any rate for now, one position has been eliminated, and in business terms, it was the right one, and it is the only change being made. And the people she had crushes on - Catherine Hickland, Michelle Stafford, Ron Carlivati, Thorsten Kaye, Vanessa Marcil, and others ... they don't really need the kind of attention that obvious bias brings, especially when it's someone who never had any use for any of the P&G soaps, going back to AW & including ATWT & GL. [No sexual meaning to my use of crush there, BTW.]

Carolyn, for example, was consistent in decrying the anti-vet bias in soaps. That wasn't getting said enough elsewhere in the soap press. But, I fully acknowledge the biases you describe.

That said, Jossip implies some of those crushes WERE sexual! I'm hearing the sirens from "Emergency" right now.

• Members

Yes, the only good gossip site for soaps for some time, ... I was referring to the time when datalounge (gay website) set out a specific forum of its community for soapers & soap gossip. I read it every day until, apparently, the management found it far too much trouble than it was worth due to some soap fans, damn them. And, I am almost always for the fans, but not when they wander into other forums & make trouble in the gay areas, or try to shout down the directors, writers, techies, etc. from soaps who were giving the real deal!!

Jossip's new to me, too. And, so far, there's truth there & there's crap there, so it doesn't resemble Classic Datalounge to me, FYI.

• Members

Well, what I said fully about it was, "She was in no particular network's pocket. She was in no particular show's pocket. She had favorites & biases, as is being mentioned by soap fans all over." I don't think she made it look like she was in one particular network or show's pocket. Over time she's been biased in favor of Y&R, GH, Y&R, OLTL, Y&R, OLTL, ... it has to do with certain actors or other players, like Ron Carlivati, rather than steadfast support of any given show or network, especially not network! Unless of course, you want to count her bias against all 3 of the modern era P&G soaps. That was pretty steadfast. Although for the most part it was reflected in her ignoring them entirely. Sure she made errors about them, at times, when they came up, but she made errors about every show, even if she was in love with it at the time.

But, I will certainly say one thing that has just popped into my head & that is that she is getting SOOOO much attention right now. A part of her has to be just eating that up.

• Administrator

QUOTE (Donna B @ Aug 8 2008, 03:28 PM)
Yes, the only good gossip site for soaps for some time, ... I was referring to the time when datalounge (gay website) set out a specific forum of its community for soapers & soap gossip. I read it every day until, apparently, the management found it far too much trouble than it was worth due to some soap fans, damn them. And, I am almost always for the fans, but not when they wander into other forums & make trouble in the gay areas, or try to shout down the directors, writers, techies, etc. from soaps who were giving the real deal!!

Jossip's new to me, too. And, so far, there's truth there & there's crap there, so it doesn't resemble Classic Datalounge to me, FYI.

I used to constantly check the DL soap forum too because they had so much behind the scenes gossip and they talked about writers too which of course was the main reason I was reading the forum. Then I stopped after a while because there was so much BS, I just couldn't take it anymore. LOL

• Members

Yes, our common interest in writers!! And, the behind the scenes info, about the Daytime Emmys, about various shows, about stories from way back, ... great stuff. You didn't miss much. Once all the garbage got going, they shut it down pretty quickly. I was there first because I'm a lesbian, and although much of the site was boy stuff, there was plenty of general GLBT stuff & an area for us gals & then all of a sudden, there was daytime gossip. A heady read while it lasted!

• Members

I'm sorry, I always thought and still believe that she was in the pocket of ABC. It might be perceptions because I do not think ABC deserves the praise it gets from her. Also, I disagree that she was a consistent voice for veteran actors. She was anything but a consistent voice for veteran actors in my opinion.

I think all of the soap mags are captive industries. Maybe the have to be, but I don't think it does daytime any favors. Daytime is well past the point that it should be assumed that what it is doing now is good or entertaining. We all justify daytime saying, well the ratings are dropping for all the soaps. So all of them are not enjoyable and that makes it OK? That really is a pretty poor excuse.

Anyway, back on topic, I don't care if she was a drunk, although I can see where that might cause employee problems. I also do not care that she hung all over male actors. Given half a chance, I would too. I would enjoy it with all my heart and soul. I did not like her column and I thought SOW was pitiful. I really hated the blind items in there about this actor or that actor being gay and implying that actresses were lesbians. So what if they are?

In my opinion, she sold out to the industry and did so because she really enjoyed being part of the industry. JMO.

Archived