Carolyn Hinsey Fired!

• Members

Really? That is some sweeping generalization. That Jossip thread degenerated into foul-mouthed, incoherent abuse and, last I checked, SON didn't have many posters that write like they are being prompted by the crazy voices in their head.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Im not gonna lie. I read it. I spread it. Its what i do. Its nothing new.

OhNoTheyDidnt is another site i go to all the time to read about crazy stuff.

i get Us, Star, and OK! every week.

i dont think its wrong, i dont think its anythign to be ashamed of. i think the only problem is believing it all 100% when there is a bias anyone can see.

• Members

Yes, really. I've recongnized a few. I wouldn't sign any paper saying I'm 100% sure, but it really goes close to that. And, frankly, you cannot guarantee that some people who act "normal" on SON aren't 100% wackos ready to be admitted in an asylum in the Swiss Alps.

And if I were to unleash the evil, I would have said something about your whole deal with the thread.  :D

But this is a totally different matter. The crazy tabloids vs. the crazinness that goes around in that Jossip thread. The problem is not only believing, but also the addiction.

Yes, I read the 600 posts or so. But then I just stopped, it was all so delirious and ill-intentioned. And the outing... Don't get me started on that and how some excused it and supported it. And they want more of it.

• Members

Uh, "my whole deal with the thread"? If you are saying that I participated on the Jossip thread, you are so wrong. Obviously I cannot prove it and you will just have to take my word for it. I trust my word is enough? And the fact that I am so self-centered that I would never participate in a thread which could not relate directly back to me-me-me? :P

As for my reading the Jossip thread. Yes, I admit it. It was feverishly addictive -- I wasted a good portion of Friday reading it open-mouthed. It seemed harmless enough at first -- just gossip. Like jp, I didn't believe it all. Then you posted a stinging rebuke and while your holier-than-thou attitude did piss me off, it also made me reconsider what I was doing. Was I cheering on the lynching of three random women from the sidelines? Did I have work I should have been busying myself with instead? Yes and yes. I even posted as much a few pages back.

So forgive me, padre. Absolve me of my sins, father Sylph! I was a reader of sometimes malicious gossip!

Seriously, though, I understand and agree with you taking a stand about it -- and your reasons for doing so. But sometimes you can be overzealous in your accusations. IMO, the people who read the thread are not evil (not like me! I am "the evil," no? :P ) and by the mere act of reading it, I don't think they (as you put it) "propagate everything that is being said there with incredible zeal - even the outing... [and] indirectly doing everything those people there do."

• Members

I'm just going to add this. I, too, followed that thread for most of Friday. And I'm actually glad I did because I got some good information. Not the sex stuff of course. I don't care if Cam and Thorsten had a three-way with a venus flytrap. If that's what they like, then grab the KY and Miracle-Gro and enjoy!

But for me it was the Blondie's racket. When I read how she retailiated against, attacked and blacklisted actors who wouldn't use her bar, a LOT of things fell into place. (And keeping money meant for charity?! That borders on cartoon villainy.) And that's not just about my faves, it made a lot of things click about complaints I've read from fans of actors and shows that I've never watched.

Yes, I had to read stuff that made me want to scrub my eyes with a toilet brush but I definitely feel like a more informed consumer. It was the equivalent of reading the ingredient list on your favorite junk food: you may regret it, but you probably need to know.

• Members

I wouldn't permit myself to say because I believe you didn't participate. My comment was directed towards some other people lurking around.

Which is precisely what my intention was - it pissed you off and you reconsidered. The whole insane edifice that mammoth thread has turned out to be will never stop being startling to me. All the lurid details, all the outing and shouting, the incessant flood of delirious posts, sheer lunacy of the remarks, the amount of trust it got and the oh-so-naive and dumb belief that a Jossip thread will change the world... Insane. And then the whole Dr. Phil show thing... :rolleyes: And then the wish that mainstream media should pick up on this... :rolleyes: It is all so - insane.

"God, the Father of mercies, through the death and resurrection of his Son has reconciled the world to himself and sent the Holy Spirit among us for the forgiveness of sins; through the ministry of the Church may God give you pardon and peace, and I absolve you from your sins in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen."

Have I just committed blasphemy?

And I am overzealous. Because I cannot believe the attention and the comments and everything surrounding this. I had to bite and use the stinger. I wasn't referring to the people who read the thread as evil. Among other things, I just didn't want this board to lose the little reputation it has left from all those insane affairs that plagued it over the years.

And P. S. You and MarkH are the deadliest combo ever. You two, one would think, should get along perfectly - yet your synchronised actions have the force of an H-bomb.

• Members

I'm not. So I did? Even if I used the inverted commas?

Marceline is a natural-born. She should be writing soaps; her knack for metaphor is unsurpassed.

And she should try watching this awful soaps once again only to destroy them into oblivion.

• Members

:lol:

OK, point taken. I reconsidered. But this board is merely a reflection of its posters -- who are clever, funny and... human.

And are MarkH and I operating in tandem? :huh::lol: Synchronicity, tandem -- somebody's been watching the gymnastics and synchronised diving at the Olympics. B)

• Members

It was a joke -- not at your expense, btw. I found it quite funny!

But no point in explaining a joke -- that renders it supremely unfunny.

Oh, ok, yeah, QTF! :lol: Or, as I like to refer to it, "WTF?"

And you didn't want to watch that cute little girl lip-synching as the Red Army goose-stepped around her? :lol: A cast of (displaced) thousands singing in harmony?

I like gymnastics, though. And the ice-skating in the Winter Games.

Archived