Carolyn Hinsey Fired!

• Members

QUOTE (Donna B @ Aug 11 2008, 07:58 PM)
I don't follow who you're thinking of with your 'cease & desist' comment, though. Do you mean you are surprised that Jossip hasn't been served such by Source Interlink's Legal Department? Or something else?

Ha! Source Interlink wouldn't dare file a C&D against Jossip, I haven't seen a libelous thing on that thread, after all, if it's true it isn't libel and each and every post wreaks of truth, plus, it's only their opinion and opinion is protected by the law of the United States.

Karma's a bitch Carolyn...I'd say you're a bitch too except bitches have style, so you aren't even that.

Now it's time to see how long it takes the axe to fall on Lynn and Stephanie, off with their heads!

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, there are things there that aren't true, but, I still don't see how Source Interlink could force a stop. I mean, maybe they could appeal to Jossip in some way, although I can't imagine that, but legally force it, no, I don't think so, and that's what confused me if that's what Mark was meaning.

• Members

I agree with this. I don't think it's right to "out" actors but I do think actors should just be honest with the public since they are going to be rumors about them anyway. This is 2008 after all and NPH came out publicly and it hasn't hurt his career.

• Members

OK, wait... Is there somewhere a résumé somewhere of what's being said? Like:

1. [someone] did this.

2. [This] happened.

I have no patience for going through 1300 posts of human vileness, evil and pettiness. Even if it's about Carolyn Hinsey.

• Members

no, but i can PM you what i have read so far. lol. let me know.

But if they dont wan too, they shouldnt have too.

I mean honestly, a lot of them are out - to co-workers, friends, family, etc. But do not feel the need to do a cover story 'yup. im gay' and i dont see anything wrong with that. and also maybe some are not ok with it at all. they have the reasons they have and i do think we should respect that.

• Members

A poster claiming to be Alan Carter (at this point, who knows on the board?) is claiming Lynn Leahy was also dismissed, and Stephanie Sloane will now run both magazines. I could understand this...many thought she was "the nice one", and the publisher needs SOME continuity, even if the choice was difficult.

I would imagine all kinds of changes might emerge from this down the road. I wonder if this is true?

• Members

With all due respect, I think this fire needs to burn. I know a lot of woodland creatures are getting caught in the flames but there's years of tinder built up there and this lightning strike was bound to happen. Hopefully when its all over the ashes will provide fertile ground for something decent to grow.

(Did I overdo the metaphor?)

• Members

Having worked in publishing (though not soap publishing), I have found that the peons working directly under you probably know your job better than you do. Why not promote them?

If some of the people posting on That Thread really are actual employees, I doubt Stephanie Sloane's alleged appointment will assuage the situation. The level of vitriol and allegations directed her way were pretty bad.

I don't know any of these people, so it's really not my place to say whether they should be fired. But if Sloane has lost all face with her employees, how can she lead them into a new era for the mags?

The Thread mentioned Mimi Torchin and Connie Passalacqua Hayman as dream appointees. Given that one has a blog and one used to -- and that's obviously the direction the soap mags are heading -- perhaps they should be given another shot?

• Members

In this case, I do not accept that this is kerosene. I basically am inclined to believe the veracity of this post, which is why I shared it (in part in the hopes that some of our more knowledgeable posters might confirm or deny). I do think that this seismic shift in the (tiny) soap press is an important issue for discussion at this board. I am not outing, criticizing, etc. anybody. I am simply reporting that a named source (who has not yet come out to say 'this was a lie posted under my name'), with known (historical) connections to the soap press, has suggested that the Executive Editor (or whatever her title was) of SOD/SOW is also now leaving. That is germane to this group.

What kerosene is being added? Is simply discussing this topic and this editorship suddenly untouchable?

If you are referring to the originating site, I agree that that thread is filled with much chaff. But discerning readers here, who choose to peruse it, will be able to take away a gestalt of the main points, I think.

ETA: With now people apparently forging "Alan Carter", the truth is less clear than ever :-). But I have a simple solution, and it will only take a few weeks to get the truth. I will read the SOD/SOW mastheads religiously in the next few weeks.

• Members

You are right. But never mind the veracity and all, you are giving publicity to this whole thing, you propagate everything that is being said there with incredible zeal - even the outing. Meaning, you're indirectly doing everything those people there do. I cannot believe someone would go on to admit that he/she's addictied to the foulness of humanity being spread there and that he/she's constantly pressing F5 or Refresh/Reload or whatever...

Yes, I detest Carolyn Hinsey, but that doesn't mean I want to be a player in this foul game. Besides, there's an air of mystery surrounding all these people: what sort of a person would absorb that amazing amount of abuse for all these years? And how come no one noticed the way this woman was behaving? And why are all of them coming out with these claims now?

The Jossip thread is bordering on insanity and every minute that passes and every new comment it gets - the impact it might have had decreases and it all turns out to be one big, gigantic - farce.

And P. S. I am appalled that certain people from SON participated in there. Some admitted it, some are so easy to see through. Appalled.

• Members

Of course its insane now. The problem with that thread is that it has become an entire soap board jammed into one thread. An unmoderated soap board at that. It was supposed to be something fairly specific: a celebration of Hinsey's firing and a show of solidarity for the people who endured her abuse. Then it turned into a confessional. Then it turned into the McCarthy hearings. And now its just a couple of people on PCP and whiskey hearing voices and screaming at each other. On a message board, that thread would've been closed 1,000 posts ago.

You're right. It's a farce now. But for a while it was great. One could say the same thing about soaps.

Archived