Carolyn Hinsey Fired!

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't know if I even have the energy to try to catch up with this thread, now talking about the Jossip thread primarily rather than anything about CH's firing & how it will or may affect daytime, etc. But, I have to ask one question, ...The real Alan Carter is posting there & he like almost everyone has pluses & minuses, but there's an imposter Alan Carter posting there, too. (Several imposters there now even of nom de plumers.) And, the real Alan Carter stated clearly that it was the imposter who told the tale of Lynn being fired. So, I just wanted to get that out there so it won't be part of the tale that is told by the campfires for many moons. If this has already been pointed out, I apologize. I just skimmed & didn't see it.

• Members

QUOTE (Donna B @ Aug 13 2008, 07:34 PM)
I don't know if I even have the energy to try to catch up with this thread, now talking about the Jossip thread primarily rather than anything about CH's firing & how it will or may affect daytime, etc. But, I have to ask one question, ...The real Alan Carter is posting there & he like almost everyone has pluses & minuses, but there's an imposter Alan Carter posting there, too. (Several imposters there now even of nom de plumers.) And, the real Alan Carter stated clearly that it was the imposter who told the tale of Lynn being fired. So, I just wanted to get that out there so it won't be part of the tale that is told by the campfires for many moons. If this has already been pointed out, I apologize. I just skimmed & didn't see it.

And for reasons that DonnaB will understand, the whole thing boggles my mind because I haven't actually encountered internet forgers since a peculiar case on Usenet. The whole Jossip thread has been rendered useless by these imposters...which is cool in a "sabotage" sense. What an effective way to shut the thread down!

Alan Carter needs a blog. Seriously. Not only because I think he has valuable things to contribute, but because I think he has some demons to expunge. And because I think he has fans, and it would make him feel good to connect with them.

• Members

I was gifted with a SOW copy. In the 9/2 issue, the editors say, in part

They then go on to talk about devoted and passionate editors, writers, artists and loyal readers

They also ask "what do you miss?" and "what would you like to see more of?"

I interpret this as saying that the "lesson" taken from Hinsey's leadership was one of excessive negativity...and they are now trying to embrace a more positive viewpoint. The letter is signed by just about the entire staff. This would imply that...in contrast to the early phase of the Jossip story...the team is trying to come together. Or at least all hold on to their jobs :).

Archived