B&B: Week of August 04, 2008

• Members

It is so terrible, there are no words to describe it. Verging on worst soap.

I have an Austin Peck fetish?  :mellow: Really?

A note: I cannot believe you find deVry a Greek divinity statue... There are other people who would fit that Bill better.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

For which Cat thanks you. :wub:

Different strokes for different folks. What can I say? This kind of thing will always be subjective. Many would say that Mario Lopez has a Greek statue's body -- and yet he does nothing for me.

• Members

What is happening to this show AGAIN?

Watching a naked Storm with a crazy man's look in his eye say "come to me" works fine for me, but why does he have to do that to his little sister?

Why does everybody treat Katie like she is eleven years old? In case Rocco Carner returns to L.A. he will be shocked to see that everyone treats her the same way they did in 1987.

Beth is talking to a doctor who is engaged to her grandson, was engaged to her son and was also involved with her husband. In case you forgot about it Beth, dont worry; so did the writers. Let's hope that after a month she will not get a flashback that she and Taylor made love after their talk.

• Members

What always happens....

In this case, Katie did it to herself. At the end, we saw she was still dry on dock...this was all a contemplation of doing herself in, and fighting her inner demons. Since she has been angry at Storm for killing himself, this was really about manifesting that anger AND contemplating "Storm's way out" of her own situation.

In the end, she made the choice for life. "As long as I have breath in this body..."

LOL and double LOL at the Beth-Taylor ... what is Cat calling it? invisisex?... joke.

That conversation was beyond bad

- Taylor is not just engaged...she is ACTIVELY F*CKING that woman's grandson

- Taylor HAD A ROMANCE with Storm back in the day

- When they were discussing depression, and the horrible things it can make us do to ourselves....did they mention, um, Storm??? I had to LEAVE (rush out of the room; projectile vomit) after the demon scene, so I might have missed that.

• Members

IMO the only way to make this an interesting and progressive abortion storyline would be not if Katie aborted or considered aborting (because IMO that would make her look like a preassuming coward), but if she told Bridget the truth and Bridget wanted her to abort as a mixture of Bridget not being able to take it and there being health issues.

I'd be all for Katie aborting to save Bridget's peace of mind (as a dramatic high controversy storyline) but in order for that to work she has to tell her the truth first and not just assume that Bridget would be devastated.

• Members

That's what freaked me out that he was naked and acting that way towards his own sister, then Katie went swimming after he naked brother. It was just creepy plain and simple no matter what kind metaphorical message it was supposed to send.......

• Members

Heather Tom is very pro-choice...I wonder how this all sits with her?

I wonder if Bridget will turn out to be infertile now...or have a genetic defect...and so Katie will plan to "give" her Nick's child. Of course, as the date approaches, Katie will surely renege.

• Members

The problem is that under Alden and Bell, B&B has lost its way. This show has always had a hard edge that accompanied its camp and drama. The show has never been afraid to step over the line to outrage or make distasteful choices (distasteful being pinkflamingo's word). We had Stephanie putting a drug into to Morgan's tea to cause the abortion. So why the spiritual cop out? There we are subjected to Katie being indulged as the sad sack heroine. Where is the Stephanie to Katie's helpless Brooke act? It has gotten old real quick. Between the tediousness of Katie and Beth Logan, I rolled my eyes so far back that I could see the back of my skull.

Have you noticed that just about every vet and Forrester (excluding Steffy) in on the backburner? Even Nick and Brooke are supporting players in Katie's story What is that about?

• Members

In principle, with this tired and dried out show (well, I guess that was Nick's hair that was tired and dried out), the attempt to again build something that goes BEYOND the core-four is a great thing. If this show doesn't get beyond the aging core, it will die with Flannery's impending retirement.

What I take from your point is that it is a matter of how it is done. Yes, this show has lost its way.

The only way it is going to progress is if B&B's ratings plummet at a rate faster than the rest of CBS Daytime while, AT THE SAME TIME, Y&R stays stable or increases.

With that combination, people would sit up and notice: OH YEAH, B&B really IS in trouble. And that could provoke correction.

But really, and I say this as a day-one lover of the show (but I had forgotten Morgan's induced abortion until this thread...so I block out a lot...): There really IS something to be said for retiring a show with dignity and letting a new show take its' place.

• Members

I have also watched B&B from episode one. I haven't always loved the show, but I always appreciated it consistency in terms of Brad Bell's vision. The show is transforming in front of my eyes and not for the better. There is nothing wrong with transitioning to the next generation, but I am not convinced that is what they are doing. If they that is what they are doing, why are they spending so much time on Beth Logan? Also, the Forresters should always be the focal point of B&B. I like emphasis on Steffy, but what about Felicia? Felicia is the matriarch in waiting. Yet she is also being shunted aside for the Logans to bore me to tears. The show is a nightmare, but I would be surprised if the ratings plummet. The ratings will fluctuate just like every other show while constantly declining.

• Members

For some reason I tuned in to see how they'd handle, naked Storm - I had this notion that it would actually be okay, not great, but watchable. But no, B&B's still on the slippery slope to Hell. I hate the majority of characters that I used to love. Somebody needs to clunk Bridget, over the head with a blunt object; Sailor boy needs to die, never to return again; And Katie needs to just go away, and return the woman she once was.

I just couldn't buy Katie's, suicidal thoughts - especially after everything, and not to mention, it all just seems so anti-Katie. No matter how spiritually driven it was all supposed to be, it just came across as B&B fence-sitting. But above all that, Naked-Storm creeped me out. Katie was actually envisioning her own brother naked! Suddenly she's developed that incestuous gene that inhabits the Logan gals. I'm not gonna even touch what was billed as a "demon", when it was really a B-grade Joker's mask.

However, I did enjoy the Taylor/Beth scenes. I think it's 'cause they reminded me of B&B of old - Ya'know, when they do a social theme, and they have the obligatory counselling sessions with, Taylor. The story would always bounce off of the general craziness that B&B was known for - melodrama, triangles, camp and kitschy. But now, the canvas is flooded -- no, drowning in medical issues - Katie's monthly medical emergency - heart transplant, near death, high-risk pregnancy; Eric's near death coma; Stephanie's depression (Am I leaving anything out?).

Some thing's gotta give. I'm hanging on by a thread. MarkH, I totally disagreed with the majority of your suggestions :lol: - all except CJ and getting rid of Nick. Too much change could further alienate viewers. I think B&B should just stick to what it does best.

• Members

What I don't understand is why was Taylor counseling Beth and not Stephanie about her depression? The scenes would have been much more meaningful if we saw Stephanie and Taylor reconnecting over their shared illness. Why is Beth on this show at all? Shouldn't Brooke be taking over as the matriarch of the Logan family if must have this expanded family.

With all the medical issues, B&B has become Daytime's version of ER/Private Practice/Grey's Anatomy all rolled into one. This is not a compliment.

I was enjoying when she first came onto the show. She was "Bold." I love that bantering and shared moments with Thorne who seemed like the perfect match her, then all of the sudden she was flung into Nick's orbit,

• Members

Don't get me started on Beth. I can't get into the actress (although I haven't seen the Taylor counselling scenes, so maybe I'll change my mind).

I honestly wish they would just rewind about 4-5 months and undo undo UNDO the Storm suicide thing. I could happily deal with Katie waking up in hospital and Storm standing over her saying "Whew! Close one!"

Because what I'm missing on this show is the alpha females and the alpha males. And by the latter, I do not mean the aging Moron brothers. I'm talking all those great male characters (Grant, Deacon, Whip, Storm, Thorne to a lesser extent) who were written off to give more scenery-chewing room for those two blowhards.

And Felicia, Ashley, Brooke badly need to be groomed to take over from Susan Flannery. Bridget needs to go through a period of emotional restructuring as she goes nuts and then travels the road towards sanity again, regaining her balls in the process. The whole show just needs to step up to the plate. Camp is great but the best camp is controlled camp, not out-of-the-blue stuff that smacks of recycled SLs, gross imbalance and bad writing.

• Members

I probably would disagree with me too. My suggestions really emerge out of ENORMOUS frustration...something it seems we are ALL feeling. This is a stale canvas, devoid of new ideas, devoid of meaningful ways of integrating new characters and stories, devoid of effectively using veterans, and with increasingly eye-rolling stories.

And with no hope in sight for a shakeup.

So I think I'm basically crying out for re-invention because I cannot imagine how to save this show.

Archived