Home and Away: Discussion Thread

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

They really outdone themselves with the 7900th Episode and the Heather/Marylin Drama in that castle. I loved that the old vets were used so heavily during this episodes again.

Im quiet surprised when I look at the cast. Normally most characters leave after 1-2-3–4 years but we have so many characters right now who have been in it for over 1000+ episodes. Thats a record for HAA to have so many long running characters in it lol

• Members

Emily Symons and the woman who plays Heather did a great job in this story. You felt for Heather sometimes in spite of her wicked ways. I am sorry they made Heather a psycho (although I guess now Marilyn has a story to swap with John and Irene). I wonder if they may reveal down the line that she wasn't actually the real Heather. 

Speaking of cast tenures,

Please register in order to view this content

I've seen a lot of fan criticism of the newcomers, but I like the band a lot more than most, it seems (I think Remi is turning into a very solid character and he and Eden are also played by strong actors - Kirby, who is just arm  candy for the lead singer, deserves better though). I think the actress who plays Bree is very good and helping to make her seem real. I like Xander a lot too, he's the cutest guy on the show to me, although I would buy him more as gay. Rose suffered a great deal with all the pining after Cash, but she works well in a more supportive role of late. She and Xander are also very believable as siblings. 

• Members

I would love for a twist like this. 

Nikau got over Bella way too quickly in my opinion. The Nikau/Heather thing seemed quiet odd.

Please register in order to view this content

But the rumor about Ziggy/Dean would make me upset if they would really leave. But even if they do they would still be on air until 2023.

I didn’t heard anything about Tane leaving. That would be a shocker. I like him with Felicity 

I dont mind the newcomers tbh. I saw the hate this band gets and I’m confused. I saw the old episodes and people pretend like HAA was so much better and the characters but the band of Frank, Roo and Martin was much more hideous then Theo’s band.

Bree seems interesting and I can’t wait to see what they will do with her character. Remi has potential. He reminds me a bit of Liam from the late 2000’s and early 2010’s.

Rose has potential but its hard to care for her. But I do like Xander. I hope he will be used more properly soon.

• Members

It's genuinely lovely to see you find a soap to have positive feelings about. It almost makes me want to watch myself, but Hollyoaks is my necessary soap fix and that's enough for me. I hope when Dean leaves the show leaves the River Boys are left in the past once and for all.

Tane leaving would be sad, but that's because that man is a solid 10/10 hunk.

Edited by Bright Eyes

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

They seem to have chosen to leave the drama to the season premiere. I wonder why. The drama doesn't look fantastic anyway, but still, it would have been more of a finale.

Anyway, Back to the Bay put out their fan poll for all time favorite characters. This was the first year they opened up voting to people who were not forum members, which apparently led to some real shifts.

https://www.backtothebay.net/news/2022/12/23/home-and-aways-most-popular-character-2022-revealed/

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Nothing big was going on for the 35th anniversary coz the network stated; They don’t want to show Home and Aways age and stuff.

In other words they don’t give a damn about that show being 35 years on the air. As long as it gets good/solid ratings and makes some money it’s all good but don’t expect us to invest for an anniversary. Be thankful it’s still on!

I kinda see Neighbours low budget from the 2010’s up until 2022 in a different and more appreciating way now.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...