Home and Away: Discussion Thread

• Members

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/home-and-away-favourite-harley-bonner-exits-soap-over-vaccine/news-story/a2bb52c3e439dafda90cfc4c680b56bf

Sam Frost, one of the show's leading ladies of the last few years, also seems to have left due to the mandate. Or possibly. Bonner was only there about six months.  I wonder how this was never asked at the time the network hired him. He was a very likeable onscreen presence who fit into the community well and had good chemistry with his love interest. This is a loss. But the blame goes on him. 

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Really disappointed that Jasmine and Logan are leaving and I loved Jasmine & Cash together. I actually thought Sam Frost would stick around for the long haul as she past the three year barrier years ago.

Why can't Mia leave and take her hideous daughter with her. Chloe has treated Ryder like crap since even before the breakup. I also noticed she hated her father and didn't want anything to do with him when the truth was revealed but she certainly didn't give him his money back.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

I finally catched up with the last week of April until now.

damn.. Ryder really left. That broke my heart

Please register in order to view this content

he has been in that show for so long. 

Mackenzie starts to annoy me a bit. At least Felicity is making up for it! 
Cash is quiet the interesting character and has a lot of potential 

They really need to work on Marylins character. I swear to god. She is so likeable and such a sweetheart but then they give her such silly bs like it’s the 80’s all over again. She deserves better. I still can’t believe they split her and John up last year. What I don’t get is why Marylin has always been paired with older dudes (Donald, John etc.) ! And the only pairing that was remotely alright got ruined to prop Roo. (Sid)

• Members

I  always assume Marilyn has father issues. I do agree they need to do more with her but I think it's difficult at this point because she is so established and yet has no real family on the show, beyond her bonds with the Stewarts and Irene.

I have liked Mac but the poker/debt story  has felt endless and mostly just has her looking like a fool.

I'm going to miss Ryder. You can tell the show is too - he got a lovely sendoff. 

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Just got to Harley Bonner's exit in Australian pace (it took place around June 3rd and 6th), and boy can you tell it was abrupt. His character, Logan, due to legal and romantic problems, was becoming increasingly brusque in his job as head of the ER/ED. He was then shown in his office, making a phone call to the military (he'd been an army medic before coming to Summer Bay). The only other thing heard of him is a goodbye voicemail to his girlfriend. 

The main reason you can tell just how abrupt it was is that Logan had been set up for a clash with new paramedic Xander (who isn't much of an actor but is likeable and pretty, befitting a Hemsworth cousin), and then suddenly after he left, Xander starts clashing with the new head of ED...and you know he was hired in a rush because the guy playing him was schlubby and not a sweet piece of ass. The character was also fired from the hospital in two episodes time, detailed mostly through very expository phone calls between Xander and his sister Jasmine...followed by more expository scenes with Xander and John Palmer, rather than actually appearing in a scene with Jasmine. 

Jasmine is also leaving in the next few episodes...can't wait to see how messy that one will be!

• Members

Home and Away won most popular Drama Programm!!! Booooom! That show is on fire! 

Neighbours Fans criticizing the short farewell segment. I mean that show has no real ratings anymore. If they were such strong fanbase then they would’ve taken a Logie Award and push their show‘s ratings in Australia.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Another example of how H&A seems to be throwing things again the wall with the sudden departures of Logan and Jasmine. It could work...not sure if just adding bands onto a soap ever has a great hit rate. I assume the one woman is there to replace Jasmine's role in Cash's story.

https://www.backtothebay.net/news/2022/06/29/home-and-away-announces-the-arrival-of-4-new-characters/

• 1 month later...
  • Members

@AdelaideCate007 @Dion @Forever8 Moving the conversation from the Neighbours thread. 

I had forgotten about Pippa and Don.  I don't think either are mentioned these days either. 

You may have already  read this but a former storyliner for the show talked about how he planned to bring Fisher back, with dementia, dying in Alf's arms. The story, along with several others (like Brody Morgan being gay) was vetoed.

https://www.backtothebay.net/news/2022/03/16/former-home-and-away-script-exec-reveals-plans-kill-off-favourite/