Home and Away: Discussion Thread

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Regarding the format of the episode (told in flashback through Marilyn's call to Fisher) I remember the show did several episodes like this around this period (surf carnival episodes told from Vinnie and Tom Nash's points of view and another episode that I think was something like an article/journal/essay that Shannon was writing).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Members

I'm really enjoying the Charlotte storyline (Season finale in NZ is today, followed by Eye for an Eye tomorrow which is getting a free to air run in NZ) and like how she's pissing everyone off. I like how her story has been tied into the main plot strands of the past year (Andy killing Jake as revenge for Casey, Billie and Kat's rivalry, Brax faking his death, Marilyn's amnesia even). The show on the whole is actually quite entertaining at the moment.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

That's a blow to the show. From what little I recently saw, the show had improved a little. Marilyn's amnesia story was quite engaging, even if there was missed opportunities in not bringing back past characters for the story, and Charlotte's story seemed interesting, and reminded me of Josie Russell's intro back when Dan Bennett was in charge.

• Members

I don't know why they always burn through these types of characters so quickly (except for the Braxtons, who they continue to milk to death). Do you think killing her off was premature? It always seems to be their go-to plot of choice.

• Members

I've always thought that all three of the "antipodean" soaps (H&A, Neighbours, Shortland Street) have been quite reluctant to commit to long term storylines (particularly H&A). Villians such as Charlotte will only last about six to nine months....a year at the absolute most (Characters such as the Braxtons and Paul Robinson being a slightly different kettle of fish).

In Charlotte's case, obviously she was brought on to be this year's cliffhanger drama. It's actually good that she was brought on five to six months before the end of the year instead of arriving five to six weeks before. But I do feel that Charlotte had not yet outlived her purpose and could have done much more.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I'm not sure if this was ever posted here, but Hulu is putting up episodes of the show. As is the case with Corrie, they upload one episode Monday through Friday and are two weeks behind from Australia. I assume this will continue two weeks after the new season starts. They have one season up.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I've been watching the show (for the first time in about 20 years) since it returned in the UK this year, specifically for the Charlotte storyline. She's such a great character! And the boy who plays her son, Hunter, has to be the hottest male in Summer Bay.  

The girl playing Olivia, Irene's new dependant, is very compelling too. 

Not sure how many weeks we are behind Aus, but I'll keep watching while this Charlotte story plays out.