Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

SPOILER ARTICLE AHEAD!

'Child abuse' plot for Dales character

Emmerdale's Nicola De Souza is to find herself accused of child abuse in a forthcoming storyline, a report has claimed.

The new mom - played by actress Nicola Wheeler - faces having her baby daughter Angelica taken away by social services following a row over Viv Hope's (Deena Payne) toddler Cathy, according to The Sun.

It is thought that the controversy begins when Nicola sees Cathy biting Angelica. In an attempt to teach the child a lesson, Nicola is expected to gently bite Cathy back, prompting Viv to call police when she finds out.

In later scenes, Nicola's situation looks grim as she is arrested and social services become involved in the matter.

An Emmerdale source said: "Nicola is furious with herself when she realises what she's done. That split-second decision could mean losing her daughter as Angelica could be taken into care.

"Angelica is her whole world. When it occurs to her that social services could get involved, she's horrified. It's a really tense time for Nicola - being labelled a child abuser is her worst nightmare."

• Members

I think Nicola Wheeler is very good as a comic figure, a pseudo-snob, with some moments of seriousness, when she lets people see her fear. When they tried to make her a superbitch a few years ago that didn't work. She also has good chemistry with most of her co-stars.

Do you remember the reason they gave for Carl's kids staying with him? I thought they had gone again but apparently not.

• Members

It was smart for him to leave the show considering Blythe basically gave him NOTHING to do. I hope his exit means the truth about Bob/Gennie will come out. However, since Jamie already knows, I wonder how they'll write him out.

I hope his next stint on Hollyoaks is more pleasing. He's such an underrated gem, it's ridiculous.

• Members

Its going to be a ruff week next week but I am pretty sure Danny Miller is going to kill it again. This storyline keeps getting batter. They have some comedic points along with the drama. Danny has taken this story by the horns and ran with it. I really wish America tv had the guts to do this kind of storyline and be this graphic but alas we still prudes so it wont happen.

Cant wait for next week.

• Members

I wonder if Bob and Gennie sleep together again. Or almost do. Viv seems even more angry than usual lately, is that to drive Bob away?

When Blythe started at the show, a lot of people thought Jamie was dead weight and hated him. He was in a lot of "comedy" stuff that some fans were very vocal in complaining about. I thought that the show then did a good job of toning Jamie and Gennie and other "panto" characters down. I'm sorry they didn't do more with him, as I think he had potential.

I'm glad they've finally improved Charity's hair.

I'm getting tired of the scenes where someone jumps on Eve for looking at them the wrong way and then Edna tells her she's being bad. I guess they're doing this so they can justify Eve really going bad soon? Is that what happens?