Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Nathan's back! :D

Thanks to Lucy Pargeter's Twitter, it looks like Paul is returning for Jimmy and Nicola's wedding.

Fun fact, that I cannot wrap my head around ... the actress who plays Edna Birch played a prostitute in "1984." I need to watch that film again to see if I recognize her. LoL

Edited by Amello

• Members

I think there's a lot of potential in Jackson if the writers invest in him and don't just use and dump him like what happened with Spike on Hollyoaks. As he is now he's too good to be true but that can easily be changed, look at who Marc played on Hollyoaks! I think they should just bring him into the show on his own, not as Aaron's love interest, and let people get to know him. He has a lot of potential.

They're right not to rush Aaron into a relationship, although I wonder if they ever will, since Emmerdale can't get away with a lot.

As for the David story,

• Members

I still wonder if Ryan is ever going to have a "dark side", as was promised a year ago.

I think Sutton works so well with Alice Coulthard. Their scene last week when they tried to talk about her dating Nikhil and she was still too hurt to talk with him about that -- good stuff. I wish they could find out they aren't actually brother and sister. He and Katie just don't work.

I kind of thought Sutton would be leaving soon, but if they can find something for him I hope he stays.

• Members

Absolutely brillant. What more can you ask from Danny Miller. He was amazing in this epidsode. I cried my eyes out. He played it perfectly. BSAQ are looking extremely stupid because he topped another performance. Outstanding. Standing Ovation.

• Members

You'd probably hear a lot of, "Well he used a tear stick" or, "People only praise him because he's playing a gay man," or whatever. Some of the best performances never win awards, and this was one of his best performances. He really nailed those courtroom scenes but the scenes before the courtroom, when he was trying to avoid showing any emotion and when he couldn't bear to let Chas hug him, were what got to me. That and when he was in court and kept staring up at Jackson.

So many of the scenes were just about perfect. The reactions in the courtroom, the Dingles talking afterwards and Cain warning Zak about what not to say (the Dingles are much better now that the DINGLE LAW!! seems to have been phased out). I do wish Gennie had been there.

The acting in this story from so many people has been incredible. The Emmerdale cast never gets enough credit.

I love the Aaron/Adam scenes too. WHat a wonderful friendship they have. And it never gets too soppy.

It's truly an ensemble story, and one of the best I've seen on a soap in years.