Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Members

This is the Daily Star article. It's about Andy and Adele, which has been hinted at in the show already. I can't see it going anywhere, but I like Adele, I hope this means she will become a bigger character.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/soaperstar/view/136456/EMMERDALE-Andy-Surgen-gets-more-than-he-bargained-for-in-the-pub-with-Adele-Allfrey/

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yeah, they've been building up to something with them for months. I thought it would be Andy having to forcefully tell her to stuff it. This, luckily, makes me think otherwise.

I think Blythe has done right by Andy to make him, to this day, extremely regretful for his past actions. But I've forgiven him so yes, let's get a move on with a potential love interest.

• Members

It looks like this drug story is just in its beginning stages.

Dales duo: 'Drugs plot will be huge'

Emmerdale stars James Thornton and Natalie J. Robb have revealed that there are dark and dramatic moments ahead for their screen family as the soap's current drugs storyline intensifies.

Next week, the duo's characters John and Moira Barton will be rocked by the news that their daughter Holly has been kicked out of college for dealing illegal substances.

The revelation makes the pair realise that Holly's (Sophie Powles) drug problems are worse than they first thought. Nevertheless, they pledge to fix the situation without outside help.

Speaking in an interview with DS, however, Thornton and Robb hinted that the issue will not be resolved so easily, teasing that there is a long and rocky road ahead.

Thornton confirmed: "We've just had a meeting with the storyliners to talk about what's going to happen - and it's going to be huge."

Robb added: "It's going to head into territory that Emmerdale's never been in before. We're going to be doing a lot of research - particularly Sophie. It'll be fairly controversial… and it gets quite dark, put it that way."

Digital Spy

• Members

One thing I just love at the moment is the endless tension between Declan/Nathan and Natasha/Nathan, as Declan falls for Natasha. It's such interesting stuff -- I'd like to see Will become close to Declan, so Nathan will really go insane. Nathan is such a great little punk, he's not a big time villain and they don't try to claim he is, but he's getting darker and darker and I can see him becoming what Chris Tate was. I LOVED that scene where Nathan grabbed Declan's arm and said, "If you ever put your hand on me again, I'll break every bone in it."

I'm glad they are continuing to remind viewers of how uneasy Ryan and Maisie are around each other. The show missed a trick not pairing them up...

• Members

Watching the very beginnings of Emmerdale on YouTube is very interesting. I just finished Episode 8.

Marian Wilks, she reminds me so much of Katie Sugden in terms of her look and presence. She's, thankfully, not as whiny though. However, that's why I kind of liked Katie a lot when I first started watching regularly, with Katie and her horses, just like with Marian, it's kind of a throwback, IMO.

I can see why they killed off Peggy. She's the definition of a cow. LoL. I also don't really like Jack either. But this mystery wife of his, Lynn Wallace, seems like she'd be a really fun character. Too bad she didn't stick around very long. As soon as she came on the the screen, I immediately shot up. The girl has fire.

Annie is a bit hard for my tastes, I do still like her, but it would help if she toned it down a bit.

Joe is an easy favorite. He seems like a good natured boy at heart, but if you screw with him he has no problem pushing back.

And lastly, the Merricks. I loved when Joe threw the pint in Tom's face. He comes right in and is an instant ASS! I'm just shaking my head at the knowledge that Ruth ... a.k.a Pat, would actually willingly leave with him. And I'm assuming they also rewrote "Tommy" to be Jackie, when the Merricks returned in the the eighties.

• Members

I think they kept Jackie as Jackie, wasn't his being named that back then one of the reasons some suspected Jack was the father? I can't remember. There were three kids, and the show just forgot, or decided to forget, the youngest existed, when they brought Pat, Sandie, and Jackie on.

They also forgot about Ruth/Pat's sister, I guess. I kind of like her, and the blacksmith.

• Members

It could be a good story if Pat's youngest son showed up in the village and said she had given him away to relatives. He could resent Robert and feud with him if Robert returns to the village. Andy could initially side with him but then see him as damaged and side with Robert.

• Members

I took the very beginning of the show very very slowly, but now the stuff with Joe and Mr. Wilks' accident and the Merricks is making me watch episode after episode. I'm really liking it now.

I get a chuckle out of all the zero articles in the dialogue, especially from Peggy. She actually said "I'm ironing suit for interview!" That's so odd to my American English ear. Do they still talk like that on the show today?