Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Members

Eastenders seemed down by a lot more than usual to me, they haven't hit the low 7s in a long time on nights when they aren't clashing or dealing with something big on another channel, but I might have forgotten some figures.

The ITV soaps never repeat well, for some reason. Some said it's because the BBC repeats are at a fixed time while ITV is all over the place.

I think the earlier a show is in the night the lower the ratings may get. Emmerdale comes on when there's still more opportunity to enjoy the day. I guess it could have been something related to story but I don't know what it would be. Supposedly it was great weather there yesterday.

Edited by CarlD2

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

A poster at Digital Spy is saying there's some big Emmerdale news coming tomorrow. I have no idea what "big" means -- it could mean Mr. Lucas from Are You Being Served? is Pearl's new boyfriend, for all I know -- but hopefully it will be a nice surprise. Perhaps they will have an episode where viewers vote on which men lose their clothes...

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

All the men? If you're into Alan Turner that's your business, but please, take that to the privacy of your own home.

Though, if it is something big, maybe someone is getting the axed. When was the last time someone was let go from the show?

Edited by Amello

• Members

That's why I edited that. I realized it would probably end up being Shadrach, Zak, Sandy...by the way, apparently you didn't see the scene in 2008 where poor Alan was in nothing but a slightly loose towel and Pearl walked in on him. That's something which you wouldn't forget. :lol:

It's from the Daily Star apparently. These are some of the Twitter quotes.

• Members

I guess it might be from the point of view of some of those papers. I guess it's my fault for thinking this might be more. If it had been something big it probably would have been mentioned on the site, or by Kris Green.

• Members

Looks like it's the sister.

http://www.itv.com/soaps/emmerdale/newsandgossip/leylassisterarrives/

Their character profiles are interesting. Apparently Declan arrived in 2009...

There are also way too many pictures of David with hair that makes him look like a surfer dude.

Imagine him as Eli! I'm glad that didn't happen.

Edited by CarlD2