Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Members

Gavin Blyth's interview with This Morning that aired yesterday. He brought along clips to tease upcoming plotlines...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object> Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Wow, that stuff he mentioned about Moira sounds really good. One thing I like about this drug plot is that the writers are having Holly be addicted to lame drugs like pot or "pain killers." Even cocaine is pretty light and I like that he's using that to get Holly more effed up! :)

• Members

Thanks. Apparently Gavin Blyth also did a webchat, although the transcript I saw didn't say anything that surprising. Someone at DS who is incensed about Cain getting away with too much asked Blyth about that and apparently Blyth said

Apparently

• Members

I didn't watch the interview yet but I'm glad if they're bringing on more family for Declan. I hope Declan will stay around. He just fascinates me, he's so calm and controlled and strong, yet he's not a bully, he has some sort of principles. He's also very hot.

I hope they will build a friendship between David and Declan.

• Members

So, what do you guys think about Charlie having a brain tumour? They were writing him as if he was a conman, but really he's been living with this tragic secret. I liked his scenes with Diane - actually, I quite like Charlie. Does anyone know how long he has to live, as I missed the first half of the episode.

I quite liked those David/Leyla scenes, too. But, what type of business is she trying to set-up? And who was that woman that comforted her?

Carl: They really should just bring in an aristocratic family, and be done with it. Lady Tara Oakwell was one of my fave characters. I loved her, and the actress. Didn't she have a romance with Biff Fowler? And didn't she end up in a cat-fight with her PA (whose name I can't remember; she was kinda stuck-up, too). I liked how Tara mellowed out, but never forgot her roots, or who she was; she was never a snob.

• Members

I still don't know if Charlie is really dying or not. He was not all that convincing with Rodney, although he was when he was with Diane. As awful as it sounds I hope he is because I think Diane can cope with this more than she can cope with being conned out of her pub and her trust and love and respect. I feel just awful for her -- she's had a horrible few years. That scene is still stuck in my head from last year when the Bartons took over Andy's farm and Diane stopped by and met them and took one last look :(

I think Charlie told her that with treatment, which he doesn't want, he would have at best two years and at worst six months.

I don't remember what business Layla is setting up, I think it's something with food. The girl comforting her was Gennie Walker, Shadrach's biological daughter. He gave her up at birth as her mother, his mistress, had died in childbirth. She was raised by Brenda and Brendan. Brendan is dead, but Brenda is running the shop and dates Terry.

Speaking of Terry, has his older son Thomas Carter ever been on the show? Terry mentioned him to Tom King after Tom's son Max died. I had never heard of him. Terry said he barely knew Thomas. I guess he'd be about 24 now. I really would like to see Terry get a storyline so that could be one, and he'd fit into the demo the show is targeting now.

I haven't seen a lot of the episodes with Lady Tara in them. I should though, I've heard she was fantastic, especially her first run. I saw her husband, Alex, who was a sleaze. Did you ever see the direct to video thing where Shane Maguire from Shameless (whoever he was on Emmerdale -- I think it was a Glover), Eric, and Kathy all went to London or somewhere to track Alex down after he caused Linda Glover's death? Kathy had a romance with an undercover cop, complete with a "too hot for TV", I guess, scene of the two of them on the bed in their underthings.

It's too bad that Eric is so isolated these days. I still enjoy his scenes with David (and all the scenes with David and Layla, they're a very believable/sexy/fun couple) but he can be so much more.

Biff was passed around to just about all the single women at the time wasn't he? Kelly, Linda (he was married to her of course), Kathy, Tara...I'm surprised they never brought him back, aside from the brief stint for Seth's funeral.

• Members

It was his first "wife." In the episode I just watched, Jack admits they were never actually married, but since they lived together for a good amount of time, she assumed his last name. Lynn was only seen in one episode though, so far anyway.

I absolutely love Janie Harker. She's a breath of fresh air. Her and Frank are a good couple, too.

On the other side of the coin, I HATE Jack. He's an as*hole, a prick and severely pompous. It drives me crazy.

Edited by Amello

• Members

Jack's a pretty sanctimonious and elitist figure early on, but I think that makes for good drama, as he clashes with the rest of the Sugdens, yet they all clearly still love each other. He also has a lot of moments of humanity and kindness.

It's the actions of the later Jack, the one who is a much nicer person yet repeatedly covers up the horrific deeds of his children (mostly Andy), which resulted in two deaths and in Jack himself almost dying, which bother me.