Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I love Natasha and Declan secretly fooling around. You just know Cain will find out and blackmail them. LoL Though I don't see why Declan didn't tell Natasha of Nathan's blackmail and then just wait until the deal he needs is complete so he could openly be with her again.

Maisie and Nikhil was sweet as hell. Of course, now we know he has some secret in his past. :) Speaking of pasts, I wonder if Mark's death will be something they keep a secret for a long time or something that will come out relatively soon. If this were Bill Bell, we'd have to wait 5 years, at least. LoL

I almost yakked at the sight of the cow being hurt. Gross. It seems there may be some credence to my hope that Holly will overdose and die.

• Members

I think Declan isn't telling her because he doesn't want the whole thing to become even more of a big issue, and he knows that she may want to keep their affair a secret no matter what, because of the affect it will have on Will and Nathan. I'm surprised they are being so open about it. I thought they might at least fake a few fights.

I really enjoyed almost all of Wednesday's episode. How many soaps do you watch where you enjoy almost every scene? I loved the bickering between Declan and Edna. I'm glad that someone finally told Adele that Andy beat his wife -- I thought the show might have just decided to drop that. The Barton drama didn't do that much for me although the scenes where John was ransacking Holly's room were very good. Apparently the one thing the actress who plays Holly can do right is wail. I was annoyed by Moira, she was more interested in finger-pointing than in her daughter's well-being.

Nikhil is adorable. I wonder if he's a virgin and that's why he's so nervous around Maisie.

Did you notice that lingering shot of John's ass when he was looking in the car? I love it :wub:

• Members

I wonder if they would have done something with Louise killing Ray if the woman who played Louise hadn't had to leave so abruptly. Her exit was...very odd.

Some of the Emmerdale actors posted videos on Twitter where they did RSC (Royal Shakespeare Company) bows. Some are funnier than others (my favorite is probably from James Thornton) but here they are. You may want to mute your volume first though, then turn the volume down on the Twitvid thing, as it's up at full blast.

http://www.twitvid.com/7M1RC

http://www.twitvid.com/NFUDY

http://www.twitvid.com/GYPHS

http://www.twitvid.com/TPMU7

http://www.twitvid.com/2EWZE

• Members

Poor David, he's just too sexy for his own good.

As for Holly, I shall plead, overdose, overdose, overdose AND die! :)

Why was Alan in a suit? He doesn't do anything.

ETA: On a shallow note, did you people SEE Andy's arms? Wow, wow, wow!

Edited by Amello

• Members

Andy's arms looked very nice (although the back end is his best feature -- Emmerdale more than any other soap is the one where men in tight jeans are way too distracting). I liked his scenes with Adele, I think more could be done with this, with his regret, but at least they mentioned it again. I could have done without the part where he said he didn't take any pleasure out of abusing his wife, or whatever he said. Adele's not the best actress but she's decent and she has some rapport with Andy. She also seems to have strong arms of her own...

David has been a bumbler for several years now, all the way back to his comic schemes with Nicola, but I'm surprised he didn't realize what this Tania woman was doing, setting him up. I wish they'd just gone for an affair story instead. She's a bit fake but she is attractive (nice cheekbones) and rich -- David would probably be tempted.

Holly was a little better on Friday's episode. I'm glad the writers are having both Moira and John as making mistakes with Holly. I hope they aren't going to go there again with Moira/Marlon though. Adam Thomas did a good job in those scenes where Adam got Holly to come home. He's so good at the puppy dog eyes, and listening, and pleading. Does the girl Holly spends time with remind you of anyone? She's like a cross between Michaela from Hollyoaks and Victoria.

I felt sorry for Doug on Friday, mostly when he realized Victoria was also no longer in his life. It was nice to see more of Alan. This is what a vet does for a show, they may not have a lot of story, but they're a comforting presence.

I like the Nicola/Jimmy scenes where they are friendly more than when she snaps at him. Overall I enjoyed most of their scenes, and the stuff with Laurel and Nicola. One of the most believable friendships in soap. I did laugh when Jimmy was looking at his gut and when he talked about his wedding with Sadie.

Has Nicola's mother ever been on the show?

There are rumors going around that

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

I'm glad David didn't go through with it. Blythe has done way too many cheating/almost cheating storylines since I've been watching, which hasn't even been a year.

We've had ...

Natasha/Mark/Faye

Katie/Ryan/Maisie

Laurel/Ashley/Sally

David/Leyla/Nathan

John/Moira/Marlon

Paddy/Chas/Carl

Moria/John/Eve

Sam/Olena/Eli

Jamie/Gennie/Bob/Viv

It's too much, IMO.

Holly doesn't really remind me of anyone offhand. However, I'm totally mesmerized by her eyes. Absolutely beautiful/mesmerizing. The show should use that to their advantage.

• Members

I meant Holly's friend, Rosie or, is that her name?

They've had a lot of cheating stories but most of them haven't been about someone being in a happy relationship and then being attracted to someone else.

That's one of the reasons I was hoping for more with Moira/John/Eve, I thought that could have had more dramatic potential if built over a longer period of time.

• Members

Aw, Kevin Fletcher as a child!

Nick's girlfriend was creepy. Was she off her rocker?

Kim Tate = Fabulous. That Frank wasn't really a great actor eh?

And who was that guy who almost killed himself? I kind of wanted him to get it over with already. But by the end of the episode, with his talk with Andy, I kind of grew to like him. That brunette chick he was with sounds eerily like Katie. And that girl that was being teased reminds me a lot of Hannah.

I don't like Mandy. She's too much for me.

Edited by Amello

• Members

When I see Frank I'm always distracted by his bad rug (I hope it's a rug).

Mandy was very OTT and very polarizing. Even now when people say bring her back, someone makes a :ph34r: face.

Was Nick still on the show at this time?

The guy who almost killed himself was Biff Fowler. He thought he was going to give his unborn child a serious disease. He didn't, he turned out to not have the gene (his father had died of the disease), but his wife Linda lost their baby, and later that year, her life.

He was close friends with Betty and Betty's partner Seth. He last returned to the show for Seth's funeral.