EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Members

I hope Kirkwood pisses all over Treadwell-Collins' "Greek tragedy" or replaces him when he gets settled in. Though, Treadwell-Collins gets so much praise from the press and John Yorke, it might not happen. Though, hopefully, Kirkwood will set a better tone and direction for the show and balance him out better than Santer did.

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I cracked. I watched the last couple of episodes.

What's going on with those bitchy girls and Ben? *confused*

Dot and Jim were the only parts of the Jack thing that were touching.

And, as if the Christian/Syed story wasn't f.ucked up enough, I actually felt for Amira when she went to Christian and begged him to tell her how to please Syed. It was a very small, but sad, moment. Love Amira/Christian together, they really seem to work.

• Members

As Carl mentioned, the only one coming off sympathetic in this storyline is Amira, which seems very unintentional. Aren't we supposed to be sympathetic towards Syed and Christian and them "longing" to be together?

The actress playing Amira has been doing her best with the material they've given her, and it's easier to relate to how she's feeling. She isn't coming off as a nasty pervert like Christian or directionless like Syed.

As for Ben, he's apparently being bullied by these girls....

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

I think we're supposed to feel some sympathy for Christian and Syed because this is supposed to be a forbidden love and they are only supposed to be happy when they're together, but since they never showed most of this onscreen (Syed often looked miserable around Christian) it doesn't work for me. They don't bother to actually tell the story. We're just supposed to assume that Syed is trapped by his religion, Syed loves Christian but not Amira, etc. They tag this big label over the story and we're supposed to look at the label, not at the actual stuff onscreen. That's how a lot of the stories work. It's just about the PR. And I guess that works, but it makes the episodes seem pointless.

If they are going to keep all this going with Ben I hope eventually it will move beyond Phil's shame. I don't really care about Phil's shame, he's a worthless father and always has been.

They should have Ben attempt suicide and go away for some months. Then either Charlie Jones can take some acting classes while he's away, or they can recast.

• Members

The Pat/Peggy fight scenes are degrading and stupid. I continue to not believe these characters suit each other for stories, it's just they are lumped together because of their age and because they were both married to Frank. This story has filler all over it. It's too bad, because the scenes with Pat and the reporter guy were good.

Did you notice that when Whitney punched Fatboy, you heard a slap sound, but when Adam punched him, you heard a punch sound. Those scenes were woeful. Fatboy is pointless yet somehow Zsa Zsa and Leon manage to be even worse. It's a gift! The scene with Tamwar was amusing.

I just :rolleyes: every time they have a big closeup of Louise glaring over Phil spending time with Ben. There was no reason to bring Louise back.

Syed/Christian are so overdramatic in their scenes together, and Syed is so simpering. That fight scene was funny, and how unsurprising that after various scenes this week of Syed kissing Amira, he only kisses Christian right as the credits roll. Their relationship is so forced, I just don't see any chemistry and I can't see them ever lasting once the truth comes out.

Ronnie/Jack were OK but I took more notice of that pushy doctor.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

Someone on the Digital Spy soap forums is reporting that The Sun is saying that Charlie Slater, Liz Turner, Libby Fox, Adam Best, Danny Mitchell & Minty Peterson will be written off the show soon.

This could be just the start of more firings to come. I'm guessing Kirkwood wants to clean house or it's for budget reasons...

The only one I'm remotely sad about is Charlie, but I guess they might kill him off, and that's why Kat and Alfie return?

As with anything from The Sun, take it with a grain of salt...

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

Charlie's death (if this happens) is going to devastate Stacey in her already fragile state of mind, but I guess it can be the catalyst to bring Kate and thus Alfie back to the show.

The other characters on this reported list aren't even worth mentioning, they're deadwood and I'm glad they're possibly being axed. I expect more axings on the way, and of course, it's still way too soon for the dire E:20 gang to be axed...

• Members

Keep in mind, EastEnders was up against an hour long edition of Emmerdale, which started 30 minutes before. Also, ITV had a big bump last night with their election coverage, which means EastEnders was going to suffer.

But the repeat on BBC3 gave them an additional 1.42 million viewers, the highest since the anniversary show. So really, more people still watched EastEnders than Emmerdale.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner