EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Members

They did get rid of Kim Medcalf's Sam.

I like Billy too, I think Perry Fenwick is a wonderful actor, it's just that they have given up on ever writing stories for him that go beyond him being a loser who steals money. If they ever tried to do more for him it would make a big difference.

I remember the Taviniers. I thought Jules was great. The kids were OK but most of them weren't the best actors. Were there two brothers or one? I know one was involved with Michelle.

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

i thought she left.

never the less,Kirkwood should bring back Honey back and hopefully give Billy more to do.You are most right,Santer & Collins gave up on Billy and booted Honey out the door.They could have easily given Honey storylines with Billy,but they would rather focus at the time on The Mitchells & turning Tanya into a cold vixen bitch and yet keeping the fans hating Max.

Yes there was Two Tavernier Brothers.

Celestine Tavernier

Clyde Tavernier - favourtie

Etta Tavernier

Hattie Tavernier

Jules Tavernier

Lloyd Tavernier

We need a new family like them.

• Members

Yeah, I could come up with a lot of stories for Billy, especially regarding his past, which we know little of, beyond his abuse. And I would give him a good job where he can interact with a lot of characters.

Yeah, the Taverniers were probably the most successful black family on the show. How long were they ago? I know Jules lasted to around 95-96.

I remember when they fired Yolande and the actress called the show out for their racism, in that as soon as they brought in Jordan and Lucas, that meant they had reached their quota and one had to go. I think she was right. The writing for the black characters has generally been shoddy, especially Chelsea. To have her dumped offcamera after spending weeks pining and obsessing over Jack. The five minute drug addiction.

• Members

Jules lasted till 97.

The Black community need to be taken more seriously.The Valentines weren`t brilliant but weren`t terrible either (Despite having Sasha in the group). I would like that the new doctor could be Black again.Or make The new Doctor Jewish.The GP has been quiet for a while so they would need to throw a new doctor in there soon.

If Kirkwood sacks Billy,then my respect for him will go down by 1. Billie Jackson...don`t mind.

• Members

I wanted her back mostly because it's so ridiculous to bring back Louise without her. If she does come back I hope they won't just have her return for a few days and then use that to justify Phil taking Louise. Phil is a terrible father, selfish to the core, his kids are all about what makes him feel better. I'm tired of Mitchells getting everything just because they're Mitchells. Given that Louise seems to be a Dotty knockoff, I wouldn't care if she left with Lisa.

I liked Lisa a lot for a while, especially in comparison to ice queen Mel Healy, who was shoved at viewers nonstop from 2000-2002. Unfortunately Lisa got into so much crying and whining and misery and they made sure the nice relationship with Lisa and Mark ended in a mess.

Do you have Netflix? You should try Jupiter Moon. It's a cheesy but at times entertaining and surprisingly moving little soap opera in space. It was done around 90-91. Anna Chancellor (Four Weddings and a Funeral) and Lucy Benjamin both got their start on that show. Lucy played a big-haired young computer genius, Fiona.

What did you think of yesterday's episode? The Syed scenes were like a parody, weren't they? Whining, crying, sniveling, repeating again and again that he can't be with Christian yet pawing at him anyway. Is it me or if does this story come across as anti-gay stereotypes? This pathetic, self-loathing man seduced by the calculated and distant queen. That's how the last scenes came across to me.

I'm glad Masood knows but that shot was so poorly directed, a lot of fans didn't even believe he saw Syed.

Masood is one of the show's best characters and actors, I hope this story will give him some time in the spotlight. The scene where he saw Syed praying and later gave him the Quran passed down from father to son to father to son was one of the few in this story which have worked for me.

• Members

Exactly! Roxy is Tawny's long lost daughter. I don't watch B&B very much so it's perfect.

Or she could be the heretofore unknown British Logan sister, like when Blake and Alexis suddenly realized they had a long lost British daughter.

• Members

There's some spec that Santer was the one who brought Louise back and didn't bother to figure out there would be backlash over Louise returning without any proper explanation, so Kirkwood decided to get Lucy Benjamin back. Her returning for only one episode suggests the decision was quick, as they can write the episode in a hurry and stick it in the taping schedule out of order. If any of that's true then it shows Kirkwood has his eye on the ball.

I hope Shirley might get to talk to Lisa and see that life with Phil does not end happily. The only thing I like about their relationship is how protective she is of Ben, like when she warned off those bratty girls. You could tell how insecure Phil was when Shirley said if the girls weren't scared off by Phil, Zsa Zsa would step in. He doesn't like his women to ever forget their place...

Edited by CarlD2