EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I don't really know if it's true, probably not, but someone in the axing thread on Digital Spy said that "sources" told them Danny was always brought in on a 6 month contract, and they had two stories in mind, one of if he had clicked with the other characters or with fans, and one if he didn't. He didn't, so he's getting the second story. They also said that EE is bringing in a new family to make sure that the more expensive, longstanding cast members don't feel too safe, especially since the show is assessing expenses.

They also said that 3 more people have been told they're being written out, and that will unfold over the next few weeks.

• Members

The Peggy/Pat stuff is beyond stupid and useless.

I'm not even sure what's going on with those Zsa Zsa etc people and I don't think I care.

Ben dancing Discostick lol. I'm interested in this, seeing how daddy's going to deal with this.

Christian/Syed continue being insipid. And yet, no matter how much Christian can annoy me at times, his two scenes with Amira (when she tells him about wanting Syed to really want her and when he hugs her and tells her what to do) were absolute dynamite. Of course, a lot of it has to do with Amira, but Christian also has chemistry with the ladies, including Lucy. It was very sweet how he told her of his love. I was really shocked at the ending, little miss Lucy has been naughty!

• Members

Well, I can't blame her if it was her choice to leave. Hopefully they'll do some kind of aftermath.

If she doesn't, there's always the chance for a surprise return with Amira plus one lol

And, hell no.... what was that? Pat threw a drink on Peggy and they managed to make it totally lame? How can you possibly screw up a scene like that? LOL I was so hoping it would have been straight to the face but I guess La Peggy didn't want her make-up screwed up.

• Members

The Pat/Peggy fighting is just pathetic. There's no real reason why they are at war, and to see two old women behaving this way, especially Peggy, after what she has been through over the past year, is baffling. And now you have Fatboy in an ice cream van like a bad episode of Shameless. It's very lazy writing because viewers are conditioned to put up with a lot of this crap under the guise of "humor", because hey, at least the show is trying, right? Just as viewers are conditioned to put up with months of pabulum because hey, it's perfectly fine, just wait until the big reveal/murder/shooting, who cares if months and months are spent in stall mode.

The woman who plays Amira left because she wanted to concentrate more on her singing career. I will miss Amira, she really grew a lot in her time on the show.

I hope that in a year we won't hear that she has gone "on holiday" and someone drops the baby on the Masood doorstep. Syed already does more crying and whining than a baby ever could.

• Members

I did like Darren in Friday's episode. I find him much more tolerable when he's away from Libby and Adam. With those characters leaving soon, I wonder if he'll be able to find a stable place on the show, even with such little ties.

I think Charlie G. Hawkins is a good comedic actor and he has some good charisma about him. Though, I certainly hope he doesn't get looped in with Zsa Zsa, Leon, and Fatboy.

• Members

Of the three I actually find Fatboy most tolerable, which says more about Zsa Zsa and Leon I guess (her awful "accent" and stone face is especially hard to get past). But the writing for him is terrible.

I like Darren when he's with Tamwar.

I really wish they would just write Heather and the baby out and pretend that story never happened.

• Members

I like Zsa Zsa out of the three so far and Mercy will return and i enjoyed her in E20.

Charlie Slater - his time has run out.For the past few years he has just been in the background for most Stacey`s storylines.I never liked it when he squared up to certain characters back when he first started.I remember one time when he tried to get the truth out of Ben (Little Mo`s kid Freddie hurt his head because of Ben) and he was acting all big and that.Then Grant turned a corner and he just became a little weasel.Never the less i liked Charlie Slater but his axing doesn`t surprise me.

Minty Peterson - I am so glad they have finally given Minty the slip.Minty has been deadwood for many and i mean many years.No purpose apart from The Comic Relief on the show and seeing that Gary has gone,there really is no need for him anymore.

Danny Mitchell - Not really a well liked character.He leaves i guess when The Vic burns down and he either swindles with Roxy`s money or not.I can however see Glenda stick around.I enjoy Glynis Barber`s performance.I don`t think we will be upset when he goes

Liz Williams - Expected.Ever since Owen died,Liz has been the next on the block.Lucas will most likely kill her and someone else and then the story will end.

Libby Fox - This was the one i most only surprised about.I guess its because of university or education issues.I do not think the character should be killed off but please do not make him leave with Adam.

Adam Best - So glad that he is leaving.I have hated this character since day one.An ungrateful,manipulative slimeball.Goodbye and don`t hit your door on the way out.

The next 3 characters to go as CarlD2 said is one we won`t be surprised about,one will be missed by some and one will be a shock.

If i had to pick

Lucas Johnson

Heather Trott

Jane Beale.

• Members

I like Mercy too. I think she could fit into Eastenders the best of the newcomers if they write something for her. I have a feeling they may just have her get killed by Lucas. I'd rather see her with Dot.

My guesses for the three, if that rumor is true, are close to yours, although I think it will be Billy Mitchell who is the third firing. I think one of Patrick, Billy, or Denise will go.

Did you like that clip where Charlie tried to get tough with Alfie after he found out about Alfie/Mo, and he knocked Billy across the room. :lol:

• Members

Mercy i could see have the new family being based around. If they are phasing out The Fox Family,they might as well throw a new family in to make it exciting.I remember how great The Tavernier Family were.We need a new Tavernier family going.

I doubt Billy will be sacked because he is a Mitchell.Mitchell`s are usually spared from axings (Daniella Westbrook had a drug problem and Kate wasn`t a proper Mitchell). Besides i like Billy.He isn`t like all Mitchells,he is vulnerable and trying to get by without the help of Peggy.

I did and its one of many reasons why i do not like Charlie.Shame he is leaving though.