EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

If anyone wants to see the episode which goes back to when Nana Moon and her husband first met (I guess this was the end of an era for this type of thing and Eastenders - about 10-15 years after 1988's Civvy Street made a number of 40's and 50's flashback episodes for Pat and Dot and Mo).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RX3yq78kGBk&feature=channel&list=UL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-ea_s32c9s&feature=channel&list=UL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNpp5V2Lzt8&feature=channel&list=UL

• Members

That Alfie and Nana Moon episode was very highly regarded at the time (even though that was during a messy era).

I think Sarah Phelps called it the best single episode she ever wrote for the show.

They also did something similar for Dot, when she visited her aunt's home in Wales where she lived during the war and there were numerous flashbacks to Dot's childhood.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

I'm only at the last of the second part, but it is good, overall - some of the supporting actors in those scenes aren't the best but the early Nana and her husband are great (weird imagining her becoming Nana though). The scene where Alfie can't accept Nana's dying and you can see him switching from open anguish to putting on a happy show is very good, along with that sad scene where he wakes her up to make sure she's still alive.

• Members

I know he had other allegations when he first started.

People will say "They should have kept Charlie Jones" but I can't imagine this story working with him. All people ever did was laugh and laugh and laugh at him.

I can't believe they killed Kathy for this character.

• Members

This story wouldn't have worked with Charlie Jones at all.

Joshua really came into his own with this story, but it does make sense that he's leaving after it. What else were they going to do with him other than constantly try to hide that he murdered Heather?

I wish we'd get some details on Sharon's return already. I always thought it would somehow tie into this story, and I guess there's still time. It's just weird that we haven't heard anything other than she'll be back in the summer.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

Ben's exit is excellent news. Him murdering Heather made my day and I'm happy to read that his stay won,t be extended illogically. Assuming he probably won't be gone until the fall when Derek's contract is up with the show, I hope he Derek learns his secret and Ben is found out after murdering Derek as well.

Alls well that ends well.

:)

• Members

According to the book "40 Years of British TV" EE number one in 1985 through 1989, then again in 1992. It was second to CS by a very slim margin for 1990, 1991. 1993 EE fell to #8, then in 1994 the two shows were neck in neck. The book only goes up to 1995.