EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Members

I wonder if Steve McFadden caught sh!t for this (39 seconds in):

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fyZnEnKpoRc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I was watching some random clips of the Brit Awards over the years and randomly stumbled on this. And no, I do not like Westlife, they represent some of the worst of what was popular on the UK charts in the 2000's. Awful cover.

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

So she and Whitney are still close?

I hope Janine gets to keep the baby, and her money. I don't want to see them go back to laughing at her and her being poor.

I don't really get the part about how if Kat were there Jean wouldn't be taken advantage of by Michael - I guess that's true, but mostly because it seemed like Kat was the one using Jean.

• Members

Janine and Whitney are still friendly, though they haven't shared that many scenes recently as they are in stories that don't really overlap.

I hope Janine keeps the baby too, it would be a huge mistake if they kill it.

I guess this will tie into Charlie's 6 month break, so I wonder how Janine will be written out and if it's with or without her baby.

Janine has suddenly emerged as the best character on the show. I think Kirkwood's biggest achievement was re-establishing her and her place on the show, after Santer completely gutted her character and used her as a bad joke.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

It's too bad more people don't remember that about Janine, instead of going on about the Moon brothers, who were annoying but in the long run were not exactly a major part of the show.

I do get wary because it seems like when the show is seen as great, the writing for Janine is a mess, although John Yorke had some good stories for her in the early 00's. I just hope they avoid the temptation of going back to her being poor and a pariah and just there to self-destruct and be in the gutter. I think characters have to change sometimes. The refusal to change Bianca from the constant poverty stories has been a disaster, although I realize part of that is down to Patsy leaving so often.

• Members

Janine seemed to be a character Kirkwood got immediately and one he strangely always looked out for. I also heard Charlie and Bryan were reported close friends off the show, so I guess that helped a bit.

If the baby lives, I think it will have a tremendous impact and change on Janine's character. If the next few regimes care, I think Janine's character evolution could be like the one Pat had.

I just hope Charlie comes back after her 6 month break...

• Members

Looks like she wasn't gone for as long as we thought, Lindsey's back filming in August.

http://www.digitalsp...from-carol.html

To be honest, I'm surprised she seems to want to stay long-term again. I never thought she wanted to do that.

In other news, June Brown is hinting that she may never come back from her break. Though, somehow, I doubt that.....

http://www.digitalsp...ill-return.html

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

That was the show with Will Young wasn't it? Is he gone now?

I can't believe she even got her own "starring Lacey Turner". It shows how popular she was on Eastenders. (Of course Jack Roth did too - can't remember who he is at the moment).

It's weird they had so many shots of James Sutton since he's likely just making a guest appearance. I'm sorry his Emmerdale stint didn't work out, as I really liked his first 5-6 months as John Paul, before the character became so weak and pathetic.

• Members

Will Young isn't in the second series.

Lacey's done very well for herself since leaving, and she's worked for various networks in the UK (so not like there's some BBC hype machine around her).

She'll be in a one-off BBC One drama next month with David Tennant, Billie Piper, and David Morrissey. She'll next appear in a supernatural-based drama for ITV2, Hannah Tointon is also in it.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

I liked Hannah in The Inbetweeners.

God, I remember back in 2004 how much all the forums hated Lacey and Stacey. Things sure turned around fast though. Lacey, along with Katherine Kelly are the only UK soap stars over the past 5-6 years that I think the general public absolutely fell in love with.

June's agent issued this statement today after that Sun interview was printed:

http://www.whatsontv...ders-exit/16395

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

Dennis's funeral:

Damn, the nonsense with the Miller's totally ruined the flow of this episode. But that seemed typical of this period, there was usually one strong story and everything else was either dire or dragged out filler.

I almost think they have to pair Sharon and Phil romantically again if they ever decide to reveal Phil's part in Dennis's murder to Sharon. Would it have much impact otherwise?

Letitia actually scratched up her own face for those scenes by the grave...

I had forgotten Deano was on the show at this time, I thought he joined a little later.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/opuXALVOiys" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nHzoWXPsbZQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Members

Those scenes with Sharon clawing her face are just agonizing to watch. So much more than the usual soap grief.

I thought having Deano steal some flowers that were for Dennis was kind of a stupid way to introduce a new character.

I hope they won't put Phil and Sharon back together but you're probably right.