EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

E20 Discussion

Episode 3 & 4 were very good.

Naz and the arranged marriage was quite a surprise but i had a feeling that it would be something like that.

Stevie i like but Asher is my favourite one with Sol being the least. They remind me of a young Grant/Phil.

This series being slightly better than Series 1 due to each character getting a specific focus.

• Members

So I'm getting caught up with EE a little bit, I haven't watched it often, in fact I think I can say I haven't watched it on a day to day basis since around 2000/2001, but at the moment I'm liking what I'm seeing after the Queen Vic fire.

A few questions though:

What's Billy's relation to the Mitchells and Peggy?

I know what Stacy did to Bradley was pretty low for her, letting him take the fall for Archie's murder(no pun intended), but what else has she done to have nearly all the residents of Albert Square act to combative with her, most notably Ryan?

Watching the episode with the fire, I take that some of the guests weren't too fond of Janine? What's the story with that?

• Members

Billy is Phil's/Grant's/Sam's/Ronnie's/Roxy's distant cousin.

In the fire episodes, she's off her bipolar medication, and revealed to Peggy that she killed her husband Archie, Pat think she wants to steal Ryan from Janine (Pat think of Janine like her daughter), and she wants to talk to Ryan privately at his wedding reception to tell him that he's the father of her daughter Lily, which of course is revealed after Ryan rescues Stacey and Lily.

Outside of Pat, Ryan, and Ricky, no one likes Janine. :lol:

She's a villian/bitch-type character that has at one time or another caused something for many of them to hate her.

• Members

Billy was beaten as a child and also put in a home, I think. Billy then went on to beat his nephew Jamie Mitchell. Billy has moved on from that though, although sometimes I wonder what would happen if he began beating Jay.

In terms of current reasons Janine isn't very popular, she schemed to get the car lot from Jack Branning, and she schemed with Archie Mitchell to get the Vic from the Mitchells. This involved making Ian think they'd had sex and blackmailing him into signing control of the Vic or the money for the Vic or whatever over to Archie. Archie threw her out of his life as soon as he got the Vic. Janine then began acting like his grieving widow (although she did seem to genuinely be fond of Archie) until she learned he'd left her nothing but one of those things where the metal balls tap together.

Didn't she cut the strings off that? I can't remember.

• Members

I think his history is why I enjoyed his relationship with Little Mo a lot. She had just came off a brutally abusive relationship with Trevor, and he had a history of being an abuser, but he changed and helped her heal thus ushering in his own redemption. Too bad Berridge/Harwood screwed them over so badly.

To me Little Mo and not Honey will always be Billy's definitive love story.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

Yeah, I hope they don't forget that Kat also had a very funny sense of humour and her one-liners were classic. I also hope they don't make the same mistake that Santer made with Bianca by thinking all Kat happens to be is a loud mouth-type that just yells at everyone, there's so much more to her than that.

It sounds like they're giving Kat and Alfie both comedy and drama, which is good. The review has my hopeful that this won't be another botched return.

Maybe they could be similar to what Bet/Alec were to Corrie and Rovers in the late 80's/early 90's...

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

I'm looking forward to the stuff with Charlie. I just wish Lynne or Little Mo could also pop in for a visit while Charlie is still there.

Kat can play anything. A lot of people forget that. When you watch the 2003 episodes, for instance, she goes from some casual one-liners to deep pathos. Like the episodes where she thinks Alfie sees her as a whore. There were many moments when Kat was not shouting at anyone. That's the secret of a character like Kat. The quiet moments building up to the big ones.

• Members

Barbara Windsor was on Loose Women last week:

<object width="480" height="264"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video/xeul84?additionalInfos=0"></param><param'>http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video/xeul84?additionalInfos=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video/xeul84?additionalInfos=0" width="480" height="264" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></embed></object><br /><b><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xeul84_barbara-windsor_people">Barbara Windsor</a></b><br /><i>Uploaded by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/Endersfan">Endersfan</a>. - <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/us/channel/people">Family events, birthdays and parenting videos.</a></i>