EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Today's episode:

So glad we got some good Kat one-liners. Kat has brought an air of fun back with her to the show.

Roxy: I've got my eyes on you!

Kat: Sorry love, I don't do blondes!

And then when Kat back to the Slater house and said, "I've just wrestled one of Bananarama in the bookies!":lol:

Kat's return also seems to have loosened up Stacey a bit, she's not as constricted and tight all the time. Though, I'm sure that will change before her upcoming exit.

I enjoyed the scene with Kat, Stacey, Big Mo, and Jean just laughing in the Slater livingroom. It reminds me of how the original Slater girls would just laugh and have silly conversations in that living room in the early 00's.

So, I guess Alfie is impotent with him telling Kat in the Slater kitchen that she would never be able to have a baby with him? Unless, there's a twist and the baby is really his.

The Alfie and Shirley scene was hilarious, and I could actually stand Heather in that scene where Alfie tried to cheer her up.

It was probably a smart idea to bring Kat and Alfie back with something light before the throw all the heavy drama at them.

It seems like the show is finally attempting to write Phil and Shirley as a genuine relationship. Phil seems to have calmed down, and their relationship doesn't seem as one-sided anymore, judging by today's episode.

It was just a light/fun episode.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

You can see Kat's first meeting with Bianca in this clip from Sharon Marshall's Soapbox:

<object width="480" height="264"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video/xexe0z_sharon-marshall-s-soapbox-23-09-10_people?additionalInfos=0"></param><param'>http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video/xexe0z_sharon-marshall-s-soapbox-23-09-10_people?additionalInfos=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video/xexe0z_sharon-marshall-s-soapbox-23-09-10_people?additionalInfos=0" width="480" height="264" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></embed></object><br /><b><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xexe0z_sharon-marshall-s-soapbox-23-09-10_people">Sharon Marshall's Soapbox 23/09/10</a></b><br /><i>Uploaded by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/Endersfan">Endersfan</a>. - <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/us/channel/people">Discover videos of people, family and friends.</a></i>

• Members

There are so many tarts on the show now that i reckon its gonna be quite fun with all them having one liner fights off each other. Its going to be an interesting time with the likes of Bianca/Carol/Kat/Ronnie/Roxy/Shirley and others roaming about the square shouting the odds.

• Members

Today's episode had a lot with Jack trying to convince his friend Bradley to stop feeling sorry for himself, drinking alone all day, and snap out of it. Not quite sure yet what *it* is :P But I'm starting to get into the rhythm of things. (the story that baffles me is a blonde who offered a slighty older man a massage and came onto him, then acted shocked when he was in his underwear and now seems to be blackmailing him...) I could look these up of course, but it's kinda interesting to try to figure things out.

• Members

Jack is Bradley's uncle. Don't worry, the show doesn't know that most of the time anyway.

The blonde, Clare, is blackmailing Ian because she set the whole thing up from the start.

Clare was first on the show back from 93-98 or so when she was a young girl. She was generally nice. They made her a bad carbon copy of the actress' Hollyoaks character when she returned. Lazy and counterproductive.

• Members

The other major story was a woman who had broken up with her husband I assume, and had two daughters with him (and maybe a baby?) and was now with a younger hunkier guy--and she lied to the younger guy and went with the ex to parent teacher night, and made it seems he was going to get back together with him--then when she told this to an upset younger guy, he asked why, and it ended with her saying "for revenge" duh duh duh.

A day earlier she was picking up the girls from their dad's and they convinced her to play a karaoke game which was a duet with the dad. Oddly the duet was the Nick Cave/Kylie Minogue "Murder Ballad" Wild Rose, which i forgot was a hit in the UK, and she got very upset singing it which I think I put too much context on and assumed it meant she had been attacked or almost murdered by either her ex or someone else, but I guess not. :lol: Anyway it's kinda fun trying to figure it out--we'll see if it'll stick.

• Members

No... I assume that happened to Tanya earlier? Which would kinda fit the Kylie duet song... (one thing I love about watchign UK soaps is I always can tell around when they aired due to the pop songs you hear in the background) Or is it yet to happen?

She does pretty much fit your description from what I've seen...

• Members

So I suppose this new chick for Billy is going to return and play out the whole "we had a lovechild at 16" story AGAIN? That's one of the most overused cliches on soaps. It was pretty clear that was where they were going with Manda, too, when she showed up as Phil's childhood sweetheart. But since she didn't have chemistry with ANYONE, they apparently nixed that. I guess they are giving it another go with Billy this time.

If they DO go that way, I hope they remember that Billy just turned 50, so any kid he'd have had as a teen would be at least 35 now. And that seems to be a bit out of Bryan Kirkwood's target age.

Edited by Aaron

• Members

It could be more than a lovechild story, it could also just be a rekindled love story, and she could have other details on Billy's past, his younger years in particular which hasn't really been explained all that much.

I don't know what Kirkwood's target age is for the show, he's gotten rid of half of the original boring E20 set, and most actors he's cast or brought back so far are over 30.