EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Shirley and Kat meet on Thursday. I hear they eventually become friends of some sort.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z-4Yn6sY7M?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z-4Yn6sY7M?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z-4Yn6sY7M?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I do hope we get to see other facets of Kat. EastEnders always seems to have female characters yelling and getting into arguments with everyone when they return, like they did with Bianca previously.

• Members

Today's episode:

Kat (to Janine): This is Ryan's an' all! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Janine was great in today's episode, it totally felt like the character was back in her golden era of 2001-2004. She would react this way to finding out about Lily.

I think they're building to the older and more sinister Janine coming back.

Ryan was vile to Stacey and Lily, but I guess he didn't mean anything he said. It's good that they had Stacey tell him about how Lily would wonder about where her father is and how there would be a void in her life, since Stacey lost her father at a young age.

It's totally Kat to stick up for Stacey against Janine. Though, I do think they're kind of trying to build sympathy for Alfie at Kat's expense in a way, by having her constantly ordering him around and being pissed at him, though a lot of that was played for comedy.

Good to see Pat support Janine.

Nice that they remembered that Alfie and Patrick knew each other well. I wonder why they haven't done a scene between Alfie and Ian yet, since they were quite close, but I guess that's to come.

I'm liking new Lauren so far, and I thought she had great sisterly chemistry with Abi today. I can finally buy Lauren as Abi's big sister.

The Fatboy and Grace scenes were nice, I'm surprised they didn't have Dot console Fatboy, since they've gotten close.

• Members

Christian was brought in specifically to NOT be Antony Cotton, but for his first year and a half that's basically what he was, with added weepy melodrama. Christian's early stories were about trying to figure out if mentally ill teenager Steven Beale was gay, then after Steven fled town because of all the horrible writing, he settled into the comic relief role in the Beale family. When he wasn't comic relief or a talk-to for BFF (when the writers remember -- they forgot for almost a year) Roxy, he was having stories over the miseries of being gay, from being gay-bashed by a trick to weeping over his mother's coldness and bigotry.

He finally got his big story in summer 2009 when "Chryed" began, a story which has been very popular, although it's had a lot of black holes/gaps.

• Members

Yes. The main difference is that Cotton's stories did not rely so much on stereotypes of gay men sleeping around, being beaten up, being miserable and isolated.

He's still on the show. He's a popular character, although he isn't on that much, in part due to John Partridge's busy schedule. I think he has had less than a half-dozen scenes with the Beales for all of 2010.