EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I know people are tired of the stories about someone having a child but a 35 year old is something different, at least. I wonder if this is going to be one of those where the long lost son is scheming (like you had with Roy Evans's son ten years ago).

• Members

Today's episode felt like a filler episode with nothing much happening, and the setting up of different stories for many different characters.

They seem to be setting up Carol's story and Billie's

Carol was a nasty cow to Whitney though, not that I care, Billie dumped her ass and she wants to help plan a party for him?

Alfie's little scam was doing my head in, but Jessie Wallace's reaction faces are great. They seem to be building a nice friendship between Kat and Bianca now too as well. I'm interested in seeing what type of character Michael tuns out to be.

I had to laugh though at Dot being included in Alfie's scam story, and Dot's emerging frenemy relationship with Grace.

They also appear to be setting up story for Billie Mitchell. That scene with Jean was awkward as hell. Poor Billy has such crap luck though when it comes to jobs.

That was a nice conversation between Carol and Bianca in Pat's kitchen. Are we to assume Pat moved back into her house? I also can't imagine her liking to live alongside Carol.

Here's a pic from next week of a scene between Carol and Jim:

121010_jim_carol.jpg

Didn't Carol and Jim have a very bad relationship? I think when Jim first started on the show, Carol hated his guts. What changed? Or is Carol in debt to him for basically raising Sonia for her?

• Members

From what I remember, I think they said Carol and Jim became closer during some sort of period of time offcamera -- didn't they address this in her 1999 return? I can't remember.

Lindsay is a fantastic actress, although I think her material since her return has often been dour and since you have a lot of dour women on the show people just assume that she's like everyone else.

You mixed up Billy/Billie. :lol:

I wonder if they are using Grace to replace Yolande. Didn't Dot have this type of relationship with Yolande.

• Members

Jean was hilarious in today's episode with her Sex & The City crap. The scenes with her, Glenda, Carol and Kat in the Bookies were great, and then with her Stacey, and Kat in the Vic storage room.

They're really setting up Carol's story well, with her not answering Billie's phone call when she thought she would be spending the afternoon with Lewis. I bet she'll feel guilt for that when Billie

The scene where Zainab got Greg to lift Kim's caravan with Kat still inside was hilarious. I wonder where this thing between Kat and Michael is going, they have an intriguing dynamic, and I'm not even sure if he's really the father of Kat's kid.

Poor Carol finding out Lewis was really married though. I wonder if this is it for Lewis, or will he leave his wife for Carol in the end. He did say that he and his wife hadn't had sex in years, so I don't imagine their marriage is a conventional one.

The stuff with Billy and Jean was funny too, and poor Jean walking into the Cafe as Billy was talking sh!t about her. That scene where Stacey consoled her at the market was nice.

Today's episode has a nice variety of characters and the humour was very well done.