EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I know there was a lot of Ethel/Lou stuff but I usually remember Lou with the Fowlers/Beales and Ethel with Dot and with Lofty and in the Vic. Ethel was a very mobile character in her best years. I think that photo out there of Lou/Dot/Ethel is misleading, because they were never really a Martha/Minnie/Ena type of relationship.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

Dot was a very different character in her early years, they seem to be going back to her roots these days, but she wasn't a very pleasant person, and was kind of overbearing and had some ignorant tendencies, which made her interesting. It was always heavily hinted that she might be a bit racist as well, and that's carried a bit onto today. Though, she's always had great comedic moments to balance everything out.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

Dot was also basically on her own, she lived her life for Nick and kept hidden, in some ways, because of him. It still surprises me that Nick's first story, the one where he drove Mark towards racism and tried to get him hooked on heroin and Mark fled town and Nick was run out, was done entirely without Dot onscreen. I think they would just mention her, like saying her flat had been turned over by Nick, or whatever.

• Members

I just watched Friday's episode and I have to say, I was really, really entertained. EE's definitely back on my schedule for now.

This Kim chick is hilarious! Loved it when she cut off the music and started playing Superstition, then the random drunkenness with Fatboy and Ricky. Too funny!

Billie is just a sad, sad character to watch. The idiotic binge drinking...Carol or Pat or Bianca should have said something. But alas, I guess the whole idea of letting him "be his own man" was too important. Ugh. I primarily tuned back in to see Carol/LC get some serious material, so I can't wait for this coming week.

Peter/Whitney was kinda hot, no? I was taken aback a little by her all up in his lap, but they work.

Billy's such a lovable loser. I don't even know what the story is about, but I'm not surprised he's still walking around with the general mood of someone who needs to take a sh!t but all of the toilets are occupied. What's going on with him, Jay, and that guy who questioned them?

I liked the Kat/Alfie stuff. Just from watching one episode, it still felt very quick. All it took was Alfie getting in the guy's face for her to run back to him? I mean, I know it was a straw/camel's back thing, but still, they wasted no time getting that out of the way. I like them, though, probably partly because I was able to see a plot play out with them so quickly.

What else is going on? I'm sure those boring hags Ron and Rox are still eating up story in the Square.

• Members

I liked Kareena once she stopped the crying over her half brother but then I haven't seen a lot of 2004 yet.

What was the history between them, do you know? Stacey and Kareena, I mean.

There are several "Stacey annoys/is annoyed by" clips up. A very interesting way to classify scenes. Can you imagine if someone put up all the times where Ian annoyed someone. Youtube would break.

Have you seen the new Children in Need advertisement yet? I haven't. I hope it gets posted at some point for non-UK residents. I think Whitney, Fatboy, Tanya, Patrick, and someone else are in it.